The person in this role will be responsible for defining and actively managing the portfolio of high priority and complex projects at a strategic DP supplier in collaboration with the cross-functional plant teams (aka PODS) to successfully execute on project deliverables. Provides comprehensive project management for the site from early concept / initiation through lifecycle management and project closure. Continuously analyzes the evolving internal and external priorities and translates them into actions across a portfolio of projects. Utilize experience and analytical skills to identify opportunities for improvement, identify risk and drive rapid deployment of solutions. Develops achievable plans to drive results that enable the objectives of the plant(s) as well as Moderna's DP Business Unit. Provides project management leadership and excellence by establishing tools and standards for successful planning and implementing cross functional projects as well as managing interdependencies between projects. Leverages operational excellence tools to drive a culture of continuous improvement across the plants. This role requires 25% travel.
Purpose (what will this role accomplish):
- Ensures plant teams are progressing the prioritized set of projects per plan to achieve plant and business unit objectives
(biggest difference this role will make):
Here's What You'll Do
- Improved plant performance (People, Process, Technology, Quality, Safety, Supply)
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table
- Collaborate with the plant manager and cross-functional plant team to define the list of priorities projects; track and report on portfolio
- Serve as lead project manager for key projects as needed. Manage the execution of deliverables, both short and long-term, via clearly defined milestones and timelines.
- Plan, manage, and execute improvement work plans using effective Project Management methodologies, Six-Sigma techniques, Lean Manufacturing principles, Process Management and/or Problem-solving tools, as applicable.
- Partner with Technical Development, Supply Chain, Quality, Procurement, Finance, Regulatory, and other key stakeholders to optimize and support External Manufacturing operations and relationships with CMOs partners.
- Structure and lead cross-functional project teams, including facilitation of workshops for problem-solving, process mapping, and process improvement
- Responsible for ensuring that all pertinent project data, information and results are tracked, reported, communicated and consolidated as necessary.
- Minimize timeline deviations by clearly identifying program risks and propose solutions, balancing the business needs and costs with a range of issues.
- Ensure effective and timely decision making with clear communication of the options and trade-offs
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and partner with the team to develop measurable, effective action plans
- Drive continuous improvement activities and operational excellence to reduce cycle time, cost, and deviations as well as improve safety and compliance at the site
- Report on plant operational metrics/KPIs
- Manage key team meetings (eg. POD and tier); issues minutes and tracks actions items for follow-up or review minutes issues by a CMO to ensure alignment and accuracy
- Manage project budgets as appropriate and tracks POs from suppliers
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of budget related activities for the plant manager(s) and DP project management office.
- Foster a strong operations culture which is inclusive, collaborative, engaged, compliant, safety minded and highly personally accountable.
- Coach team for positive cross-functional collaboration.
- 8 years of CMO/supplier management and operations experience preferred
- 3 years leadership/executive stakeholder management preferred
- CMO / Supplier Management experience preferred
- All skills and knowledge around vaccines and/or therapeutics and biopharmaceutical manufacturing in specific and complex regulatory context, is preferred.
- Experience and ability to work with multicultural teams in a Global environment is preferred.
- Large, complex Project Management experience
- Advanced PowerPoint, SmartSheet, MS Project skills
- Understanding of the Product Development process, especially Technology Transfer
- Evidence of advanced problem-solving, innovative thinking, strategic planning to deliver creative solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills with a keen attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to form and maintain strong relationships
- Willingness and dedication to go above and beyond in pursuit of team goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to analyze and interpret scientific, and statistical data
- Ability to respond to detailed inquiries and present information to senior leaders.
(critical results this role as expected to achieve in the next 12 to 18 months):
Moderna is pleased to provide you and your family with a comprehensive and innovative suite of benefits, including:
- Achievement of plant goals and objectives / KPIs
- Radical simplification and continuous improvement to establish stable, mature and efficient processes that drive repeatable results
- Highly competitive and inclusive medical, dental and vision coverage options
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- Lifestyle Spending Account funds to help you engage in personal enrichment and self-care activities
- Family care benefits, including subsidized back-up care options and on-demand tutoring
- Free premium access to fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Peloton fitness equipment
- Adoption and family-planning benefits
- Dedicated care coordination support for our LGBTQ+ community
- Generous paid time off, including:
• Vacation, sick time and holidays
• Volunteer time to participate within your community
• Discretionary year-end shutdown
• Paid sabbatical after 5 years; every 3 years thereafter
- Generous Paid Leave offerings, including 18 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 401k match and Financial Planning tools
- Moderna-paid Life, LTD and STD insurance coverages, as well as voluntary benefit options
- Complimentary concierge service including home services research, travel booking, and entertainment requests
- Free parking or subsidized commuter passes
- Location-specific perks and extras!
Since our founding in 2010, we have aspired to build the leading mRNA technology platform, the infrastructure to reimagine how medicines are created and delivered, and a world-class team. We believe in giving our people a platform to change medicine and an opportunity to change the world.
By living our mission, values, and mindsets every day, our people are the driving force behind our scientific progress and our culture. Together, we are creating a culture of belonging and building an organization that cares deeply for our patients, our employees, the environment, and our communities.
We are proud to have been recognized as a Science Magazine Top Biopharma Employer, a Fast Company Best Workplace for Innovators, and a Great Place to Work in the U.S.
If you want to make a difference and join a team that is changing the future of medicine, we invite you to visit modernatx.com/careers to learn more about our current opportunities.
Moderna is a smoke-free, alcohol-free and drug-free work environment.
Moderna is a place where everyone can grow. If you meet the Basic Qualifications for the role and you would be excited to contribute to our mission every day, please apply!
Moderna is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Moderna is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry or citizenship, ethnicity, disability, military or protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, or any other personal characteristic protected under applicable law. Moderna is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Belonging, Inclusion, and Diversity are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We're focused on attracting, retaining, developing, and advancing our employees and believe that by cultivating diverse experiences, backgrounds, and ideas, we can provide an environment where every employee is able to contribute their best.
Moderna is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the Talent Acquisition Partner or contact the Accommodations team at email@example.com. (EEO/AAP Employer)
This job has expired.