The Global Account Director leads the sales and account management functions for some of the largest global accounts in the organization serving Vertiv E&I Switchgear and Busway customers. There is very high expectation for growth in these global accounts through new product and service sales and increasing levels of service as applicable. The director will interact with all levels of management to influence and lead decision-makers and team leaders. The role is to define, lead, direct, coordinate Vertiv's Global strategy and execution for the account, working with and through lines of business, regional sales and service organizations and leadership. Teamwork with global divisions of Vertiv is of paramount importance as is the ability to work well with respected executive leaders for each client.
- Build, develop and maintain business relationships, as well as the customer satisfaction level, for the largest global accounts in the organization.
- Develop sales and business opportunities, for short and long-term goals defined as part of the corporate strategy.
- Ensure existing customer portfolio is developed and maintained at all levels to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- Identify and apply all necessary action in the commercial and industrial market to reach sales objectives, concentrating on expanding coverage of the market segment and integrating new account opportunities.
- Contribute to the implementation of global portfolios, research, and development, maintaining and building relationships with customers.
- Lead strategic analysis and planning activities to determine the appropriate offerings and sales techniques that demonstrate value for the customer and justification for the product and service offering presented.
- Drive executive level communications while effectively persuading the audience with data and statistics that make our points clear, concise, and obvious.
- Ensure service and delivery execution and delivery of contract requirements and customer expectations by enforcing cross-functional management of operational teams.
- Develop direct reports to reflect the Vertiv values and behaviors.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- 10+ years' experiencein a Sales Leadership role working with high profile accounts
- Demonstrated ability to close complex transactions through direct influence with multiple decision makers
- Provide guidance and oversight to team members to facilitate proper influence, whether it is of a business, technical, legal, or other nature
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and follow projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work under different levels of pressure with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- An effective motivator with an enthusiastic desire to succeed is desired.
- BA or BS in Engineering, Business, or similar field is required, MBA is preferred
TRAVEL TIME REQUIRED
- No Special Physical Requirements
- Travel 50% - Extensive domestic and some international travel will be required as needed.
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion.OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com. The anticipated total salary range for this role in the CA, CO, and WA location is between $275,000.-$325,000. other geographic localities may vary. The total salary includes a base salary range of $165,000 to $195,000 plus a performance-based sales incentive program. The split is 60% (base salary) and 40% (Sales Incentive Plan). Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance and role based. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role. The role is eligible to participate in a comprehensive and competitive benefits program, including medical, dental, vision, disability, PTO, holiday pay, and 401k.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, O, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.