Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation's top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to repairs and installation
a. Making Keys
b. Properly securing items to walls
c. Hospital bed repair
d. Lock installation and repair
e. Construction of walls
f. Installation and repair of drywall
g. Installation of flooring
h. Installation of doors
j. Hang wallpaper
k. Installation of ceilings
l. Design of cabinets and counters
m. Construction of cabinets and counters
n. Installation of cabinets and counters
o. Swimming pool maintenance
p. Minor electrical repairs (fuses, ballasts, and devices)
q. Minor plumbing repairs (faucets, toilets)
r. Uses hand and power tools properly
s. Inventory and maintain supplies
2. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to security
a. Performs security checks of building and grounds
b. Confronts and reports unauthorized personnel if needed
c. Turning lights on/off at appropriate times
d. Provides key service as requested
e. Performs cadaver removals
f. Assists security officer when diffusing or restraining hostile situations
3. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the operation of boilers
a. Operates and controls functionality of boilers
b. Uses computer based energy management program to regulate controls of facility.
c. Takes log readings in boiler room as required
d. Cleans boilers and floor area around boilers
e. Lubricates equipment as required
f. Makes rounds of all mechanical rooms to log appropriate readings and check doors for security purposes.
g. Maintains proper steam pressure
h. Observes safety regulations pertaining to the use and care of boilers.
i. Regulates fuel oil and feed water to boilers
4. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to minor repairs and requests
a. Replaces ceiling tiles
b. Change light bulbs
c. Stops or contains leaks
d. Stores hazardous waste properly
e. Delivers oxygen tanks
5. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to snow removal, building and grounds maintenance
a. Salts and sands walkways when icy
b. Keeps main entrance ways clear of snow and ice
c. Checks conditions of sidewalks and parking lots during inclement weather
d. Operates plow, tractor and snowblowers to remove snow.
e. Contacts appropriate personnel if needed
f. Maintains grounds of building including trash collection.
g. Move and Set-up equipment and furniture
6. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to communicating and proper documentation.
a. Refers repairs to Maintenance Supervisor when appropriate
b. Documents repairs, work orders and PM's accurately and in accordance with Plant Operations policies and procedures
c. Responds to calls from other departments appropriately
d. Forwards uncompleted tasks to next shift or Maintenance Supervisor
e. Immediately reports any unusual circumstances to Maintenance Supervisor such as but not limited to: utility failures, adverse weather conditions, internal/external disasters.
f. Identifies operator errors and provides informal user education to staff
7. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to safety
a. Uses only tools that are in good working order
b. Follows all codes such as but not limited to: OSHA, JCAHO, NFPA, NEC, BOCA, CDC, NPC.
c. Participates in hospital disasters, fires, fire drills and other hospital emergencies
d. Informs supervisor of any unsafe condition.
Experience Minimum Required
• Over three years in maintenance
• Over three years in hospital maintenance
Education Minimum Required
• High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalency
• Specialty courses through manufacturers
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Good working knowledge of plant equipment; plumbing electrical and/or carpentry; must use basic tools; electrical drill, screwdriver and hammer; must use testing instruments (i.e. multimeter).
• Must be able to work independently and manage numerous assignments efficiently and effectively.
• Must be able to interact with various personalities in a professional manner and provide good internal and external customer service.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Driver's License
Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired
• Electrical License, Plumbing License
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law. We will ensure that all individuals with a disability are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Posted about 2 hours ago
Traverse City, Michigan
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!