Tuknik Government Services is hiring a Warehouse worker/Scanner to work at our customer's site in Lee's Summit, MO. This is a direct, full time position with our company.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, vacation, sick leave, and more.
The Scanner/Warehouse staff is responsible for performing services as they relate to document conversion, document destruction, records management and storage and mailroom functions. This position follows clearly detailed specific procedures in completing several repetitive clerical steps performed in a prescribed or slightly varied sequence, such as coding and filing documents in an extensive alphabetical file; could involve simple posting to individual accounts, opening mail, calculating and posting charges to departmental accounts, operating basic office equipment, e.g., photocopier, facsimile, multi-line phone/voicemail systems, mailing machines, and minimal computer programs. Little or no subject-matter knowledge is required, but the clerk uses his or her own judgment in choosing the proper procedure for each task
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Education, Work Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Performing functions as they may relate to a variety of tasks including but not limited to document conversion, document destruction, records management, storage and mailroom functions, creating and maintaining files and records and servicing file requests.
- Understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures, applies common sense understanding to carry out written, oral or diagram instructions.
- Document scanning.
- Transfers in/out files and physical interfiling.
- Perform basic computer work.
- May perform data entry to update reports and databases.
- May answer and record incoming phone requests.
- May handle back-to-stacks, and use NFTS/CIS/CPS.
- Process requests for files.
- Batch audit/electronic merging of files.
- Loads and unloads boxes of files from trucks and shelving.
- Position requires ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds repetitively.
- Position requires ability to push/pull, transport objects using assistive equipment on a repetitive basis.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, climb ladders, reach, use repetitive hand/wrist motions, withstand heights, stand/sit for prolonged periods, and assist with unloading and receiving inventory.
- Must have mental ability to concentrate on fine detail such as daily report conciliation.
- Will use repetitive wrist and hand motions to remove and/or insert staples in files.
- Must be able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Must have visual ability to see objects closely as in reading and use of computer monitor.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must meet and maintain production and quality goals.
- Abides by all company safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Working Environment & Conditions
- This is a public trust position which requires the ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, ability to pass a post offer employment physical abilities test; ability to pass government background security clearance check (includes a credit check); must be able to retain a government public trust security level clearance; must be a U.S. Citizen
- Regular and punctual attendance is required.
- Six (6) months specialized experience
- One (1) year work experience
- High School Diploma, GED or better
- Written Communication Skills
- Oral Communication Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Interpersonal Communication
- Keyboard Skills
- Reading Skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel experience Preferred
This position is in an underground location in a dusty environment. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; bend/squat; kneel use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, perform simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must regularly lift and/or move items that weigh up to 40 lbs. Specific vision abilities required for the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.About our Company:
Offering innovative and cutting-edge IT, Environmental Resource Management and Professional Services solutions, Tuknik Government Services (TGS) is uniquely positioned in the federal marketplace. An ANC 8(a)-certified program combined with the full corporate support of Koniag Inc.'s Government Services Sector, TGS is backed by a full range of industry partners. Innovative technology, highly qualified professionals and proven processes are the hallmarks of TGS. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service to our clients and maintaining a supportive environment for team members and partners.EOE Minorities/Female/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
This job has expired.