Full-time Associate (Cashier)
453 - San Mateo Extra
We are searching for an experienced Full-time Associate (Cashier) at 1840 South Norfolk Street San Mateo, California, 94403
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Full-Time Associate reports to the Store Manager and performs management-assigned duties, which may include but may not be limited to receiving inventory, stocking and maintaining a store section, operating a cash register, carry-out services and store cleaning. Applicants must be available to work nights and weekends.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a store section as assigned and may order, receive and stock merchandise using proper equipment, assures proper pricing on merchandise, checks product date codes to validate proper rotation, stocks shelves, end displays, floor stacks, displays and refrigerated/frozen cases. May prepare perishable products for sale. Sets up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy.
- Cleans and maintains sanitation standards in all interior and exterior areas of store and parking lot as directed by store management.
- Operates a cash register, receives payment from customers, and makes change or processes check/charge/debit transactions. Processes cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management. Verifies customer eligibility when selling alcoholic beverages.
- Offers friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous assistance to customers by providing them with current store and product information. When requested, loads customer purchases by assisting customers to their vehicles.
- Performs basic bookkeeping duties. Records lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate tools.
Candidates must possess the following skills:
- Ability to read and write English, interact with general public and co-workers.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, product labels, product pricing
codes, shelf tags, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Basic PC/Outlook skills preferred
One to three (1-3) years related experience; and the ability to lift up to 60 pounds. Retail Management Certificate is desirable.
This job has expired.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.