Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Below are details on an open job. If the role interests you and you would like to be considered we encourage you to apply!
This hourly role follows the Scotts/Hawthorne step pay progression scale and typically starts at $17.20. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographical location.
We are looking for a Forklift Operator who will join our team in Waverly, VA.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift or other equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise. The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
What you'll do in this role:
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp truck, or other power equipment.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Preferred education level is a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must have at least one year experience operating a forklift.
- Must be able to do basic math functions such as adding, subtracting and dividing.
- Must be able to read orders for picking and staging of products.
- Must be able to complete the pre-shift inspection forms. Must be able to pass the Scotts forklift exams and obtain and maintain a valid operator's license
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, holidays, vacation and sick time benefits available within a month of your start date
- Healthcare navigation, advocacy and support
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- $600 annual wellness reimbursement program
- Up to $30,000 to help cover the cost of fertility treatments, adoption or surrogacy
- Up to 18 weeks of time away to support your growing family
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.