Foreign National Visits and Assignments Administrator
Job ID: 2021-13809
# of Openings: 1
Category: Environment and Sustainability
The Foreign National Visits & Adssignments Administrator will support the DOE Foreign National Visits & Assignments (FVN&A) program by supporring the intake, review, data entry, monitoring and close-out process for all non-US Citizens requesting both physical and cyber access to Princeton Plasma Physics Lab (PPPL) in accordance with PPPL and DOE procedures. The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
This exiting new position will: Support Foreign National Visit and Assignments (FNV&A) Administrator to PPPL management, staff, DOE System (FACTS) and DOE Counterintelligence. 55%
- Review FNV&A access request forms for data requirements, compliance and integrity.
- Detailed review of CV/Resume submission per DOE regulations identifying gaps in employment history.
- Communication with staff to assure required data is received for all non-US Citizen access requests.
- Communication with DOE counterparts to include follow up and tracking for non-US Citizen requests that require additional data.
- Conduct and review government search report for all requests to support export control operations.
- Notify and track approving officials (Local Security, Cyber & CI) for required review of non-US citizen requests.
- Manage communications to security staff of access status of all non-US Citizens requesting physical access.
- Run monthly DOE data reports and notify PPPL staff of non-US Citizen status, future requirements and mitigate gaps in system information, real time status and reporting requirements.
- Maintain all electronic files, requests, and reports for the FNV&A program.
Supports the FNV&A Coordinator to process staff, visitor, and contractor access requests for Non-US Citizens in accordance with DOE procedures.(35%) Coordinates with HR for Visa process and right to work documentation for employees, and Visa/identity information for non-employees (10%) Environment, Safety and Health:
QualificationsEducation and Experience:
- Follows established PPPL Environmental, Safety and Health (ES&H) policies, rules and procedures utilizing personal protective equipment as required.
- Reports ES&H problems, violations or concerns to the appropriate individual.
- Attends General Employee Training and other related or required courses as identified by the SPD Administration.
- Is fully familiar with SPD activities and safety requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Associates degree helpful.
- Must have several years of hands on clerical or administrative support experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a highly regulated and compliance driven environment very helpful
Certificates and Licenses:
- Demonstrates proficiency in MS Office Suite applications, including Microsoft Outlook Calendar and E Mail, Word, Excel as well as Google Suite products. Includes other standard office applications.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates ability uphold confidentiality, particularly with division business
- Prefer experience to maintain Division IT equipment.
- Must exercise strong discretion and good judgment
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Steady shifts, M-F 8:00am – 4:00pm.
- Typical office conditions.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
This job has expired.