Location: Edmundson, MO
Position: Flight Simulator Design Engineer 4
Location: Berkeley, MO
Help train the F-15 warfighter to fly, fight, and win! Seeking F-15 Training Systems Test Pilot SMEs to accomplish system design, integration, and test for the F-15 Mission Training Center (F-15 MTC) trainers/simulators for USAF and International contracts.
• The successful candidate will work independently and will assist other members of the Test Team in the performance of day-to-day operations in a fast-paced testing environment.
• Team members create and execute Test Procedures to ensure the trainers correctly simulates aircraft performance and the operational environment.
• Team members will help develop system requirements and perform all aspects of system testing on several types of pilot training systems.
• Off shift and weekend work may also be occasionally required to meet contractual milestones, objectives and delivery schedules .
• Plans research and development programs for flight simulator requirements.
• Translates contract requirements into work requirements, processes, and tasks.
• Manages customer and supplier relationships.
• Researches and responds to specialized technical questions from customers on flight simulator operations, service, and regulatory concerns.
• Provides on-site customer assistance to support the introduction of new training equipment.
• Resolves specialized customer issues in the field.
• Leads and reviews analysis and evaluation of specialized engineering and supplier aircraft systems and performance data, operational documents, and software for delivery to customer.
• Researches and analyzes customer and regulatory authority requirements to ensure they comply with industry standards.
• Leads and reviews Boeing processes across organizations for defining the customer product, delivery, and support.
• Develops new/revised processes in support of customer requirements and/or changes in company guidelines.
• Works under minimal direction.
SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS Required Qualifications:
• This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally
• Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary
• Experience flying F-15 and/or other fighter aircraft within the last five years
• Experience or familiarity with the aircraft test environment
• 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience standard.