Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $300 million, fast growing for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1600 professionals in 49 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career. PCG has been consistently profitable and grown by double digit amounts over its 29 years of existence. As a member of PCG's Corporate Accounting group you will be one of 26 professionals including three CPA's and one CMA. This position will be located at PCG's headquarters in Downtown Boston.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial analysis and reporting. This position will have frequent interaction with the VP of Finance, Associate Director of FP&A, and Senior Analysts, as well as interaction with the CFO, Corporate Controller, Accounting Manager and the heads of major business units. The candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and is a person that enjoys new challenges. The successful candidate will possess the ability and desire to grow and assume additional responsibilities as the company grows. This position’s primary responsibilities are the preparation of reports and financial queries in support of internal and external reporting, and includes special projects as assigned.
Success in this position will require the ability to independently develop expertise in new areas (often the result of business growth) and then implement processes and/or procedures to satisfy those business needs. Financial Analyst positions at PCG are designed to provide a wide range of experience for each individual. PCG Finance strives for a collaborative work environment where each individual brings different experiences which can help the entire team learn and grow.
Other Possible Responsibilities: Financial Analyst
• Preparation of annual fringe and/or overhead rate ratios.
• Coordinate occasional project and/or governmental audits between project teams, outside auditors and/or government agencies and clients to ensure timely completion.
• Assist RFP teams with financial information and guidance on responding to audit language in RFPs.
• Strong desire and ability to learn new systems, ultimately using this knowledge to support and further financial analysis.
• Effective Ability to prioritize and manage multiple activity streams.
• Ability to work effectively, and communicate, with all levels of management.
• Excellent organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, especially Excel.
• Possess discretion to work with confidential information.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2 - 4 years of advanced financial analysis in a complicated business environment.
• Accounting experience.
• Experience working with Finance or Accounting software.