DCP Midstream is a Fortune 500 natural gas company dedicated to meeting the energy and consumer needs of our society. With a focus on technology and innovation, we safely and reliably operate a strong and diversified portfolio of logistics, marketing, gathering, and processing assets across nine states.
Benefits & Additional Compensation
DCP builds connections to enable better lives and is dedicated to supporting our employees with opportunities for internal mobility, continual growth, and ongoing training. We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible for the short-term incentive program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. Depending on the position and level, some jobs are also eligible to participate in the long-term incentive programs with any payouts also being subject to performances. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match, a retirement contribution, and several other unique benefits offerings. We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy including parental leave, sick time, and vacation time
A Field Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the equipment in their geographic area of responsibility. The role is a generalist position, intended to be qualified to performthe majority ofmaintenance, electrical, measurement, and repair tasks.They will also be actively involved in peer mentoring/training.
What you will be responsible for
- Works autonomously at varying times and in diverse weather conditions, at remote field locations and is available for callout.
- Participates and successfully completes training programs, risk management reviews, and safety meetings.
- Reviews and follows procedures as necessary to ensure compliance of all company and industry standards.
- Accurately completes documentation such as; timesheets, work orders, safe job plans work permits and regulatory reports.
- Performs and accurately documents regulatory required inspections.
- Oversees contractors, providing specialty services (Quality Assurance, Quality Control).
- Maintain PLC, HMI equipment, software, pipeline valves and actuators
- Maintain and repair motor control equipment
- Maintenance and repair of prime mover and pumps.
- Sampling and testing of product streams for quality control and accurate measurement.
- Maintains facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in available cross training to effectively develop skills in themselves and peers.
- One Calls- Protecting the pipeline from third party damage
- Maintain, calibrate and repair measurement equipment (including meters, provers, flow computers,etc
- Maintains and repairs instrumentation and electrical equipment.
- Performs other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of applicable experience on NGL Pipeline Operations (preferred)
- 2 years of experience with liquid measurement(preferred)
- Valid Driver's License and acceptable driving record
- Must live/relocate within 35miles of reporting location
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills with ability to build relationships
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to workextended hours, which may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to worksafely around various types of rotating equipment
This job operates in both inside gas plant conditions as well as in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity. Noise level may be loud at times. Regularly stoops, squats, kneels and crouchesfor durations up to 3 minutes. Periodically pulls/pushes doors open to move around the gas plant. Occasionally exerts pulling force of 130 pounds. Frequently may lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may climb A-frame ladders.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.Primary Location:
Apr 8, 2021, 12:00:00 AMRecommended Skills
Human Computer Interaction
Programmable Logic Controllers
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
Join Our Talent Network!Job SnapshotEmployee Type
Midland, TX, TXJob Type
Skilled Labor - TradesDate Posted
Apply to this job.
Think you\'re the perfect candidate?