This position is responsible for all field installation related services of the builder center. This includes all administrative, field, service, and maintenance responsibilities. Additionally, this position will coordinate the work of operations employees such as field service and contract service workers like cabinet installers, countertop vendors, and custom accessory vendors.
* Process layouts, customer orders, billings, and installer payroll
* Schedule pick-up work, and review and approve installer and service technician expense reports
* Produce periodic reports as required, such as a weekly activity and service report, monthly service, forecasting and vehicle mileage report, and quarterly installer bonus report
* Perform field measuring
* Issue correction requests
* Walk houses and obtain "sign-offs"
* Verify measurements to ensure accuracy of master "blue books"
* Perform minor service work as needed
* Develop and maintain effective business relationships with building superintendents and trade subcontractors;
* Review and respond to service issues
* Manage PO's, OS's and WAF's from builders
* Perform installer safety inspections
* Review occupied and unoccupied service tickets and coordinate service technician's work schedule
* Pull and deliver cabinets or parts to job site as needed
* Monitor "area service rack"
* Record miles driven on log
* Perform required vehicle maintenance as specified by the leasing company
* Wash vehicle at least twice a month
* Maintain all tools as appropriate
This position is responsible for the supervision of all field service workers and contract workers in the builder center.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education and/or Experience
* Undergraduate degree in building construction, operations management, business or related field
* 2-5 years field experience in the construction industry, experience with cabinet installation, service, order entry and delivery scheduling, and managing subcontractors preferred
* Ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships with building superintendents and subcontractors
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft products
* Excellent oral and written communication and organization skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to carry out responsibilities or respond to common inquires from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Typical office and construction site environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high. Significant travel around town with some out-of-town travel. Occasional weekend work and extended evening hours is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled