WE'RE LOOKING FOR Field Service Technician
Employment type Regular / Permanent
Los Angeles, California, 90280
Reference Number req19425
Who we are? With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or Physics and at least 2 year of work experience in ultra-pure water applications or servicing and/or operating analytical instrumentation in a lab environment; OR
* Associates Degree in a Science, Technical, or Engineering discipline and at least 4 year of work experience in ultra-pure water applications or servicing and/or operating analytical instrumentation in a lab environment
* Resides within the Los Angeles, CA metropolitan area and within 1 hour of a major airport
* Preferred Requirements - Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or Physics with 4 or more years of work experience in ultra-pure water applications or servicing analytical instrumentation in a laboratory or industrial environment.
* Ability and willingness to travel overnight approximately 30 to 50% of the time (air and car travel), with short notice as required.
* Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule based on customer needs
* Maintain driver's license and a good driving record
Skills and Abilities
* Strong technical, mathematical and customer service skills
* Able to juggle various tasks such as service of multiple instruments and administrative duties
* Ability to troubleshoot using a process to find the root cause
* Cognitive and clear communication skills to efficiently support the service process
* General knowledge of electrical equipment, chemistry and safety
* Vision, manual dexterity and coordination sufficient to service instruments and handle electrical equipment
* Ability to learn applicable company procedures within a reasonable time from start of employment
* Computer proficiency with a minimum of word processing and spreadsheets, and basic data base knowledge
* Ability to use ordinary hand tools, calibrated tools, and analytical instrumentation, as well as chemically aggressive fluids, such as acids and bases
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Self-motivated, with the ability to drive projects to completion with minimal oversight, while demonstrating significant problem solving ability with an unfailing dedication to deadlines and commitments
* Proven ability to speak effectively before groups and customers, clients, and other employees within the organization
* Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team projects in a service and sales environment
* Ability to make good business decisions based on risk reward analysis and Suez's business objectives
Working Environment and Physical Demands
The working environment and physical demands described here, as well as the essential functions and responsibilities noted above, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* Drive a motor vehicle - significant amount of time is often required each day driving a motor vehicle to and from customer sites
* Air travel required to reach customer destinations and back up support of other areas
* Use of laptop and mobile systems
* Regularly work around machines, electrical equipment, chemicals, & unprotected heights
* Work at customer sites where instruments may be in difficult to reach spaces requiring using a ladder to reach, or requiring working in close/cramped spaces
* Perform tasks requiring manual dexterity during tool use, handling small parts, and repair procedures
* Reach with hands and arms, below and above shoulder height
* Stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
* Talk and hear
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
What will you be doing?
There is generally no on-call, weekend, or holiday work associated with this role. This is a home-based position with travel and will require residing within 1 hour of a major airport. The ideal candidate would be located within the Los Angeles, CA metropolitan area.
* Conduct service activities on all TOC product lines including maintenance, calibration of equipment, inspection, repair, performance testing, and customer communications.
* Interpret data, charts, and trends as part of understanding the chemistry and science of instrument operations for more complex troubleshooting and application issues
* Execute validations (IQ, OQ, PQ) of TOC instruments at pharmaceutical sites
* Deliver service to key accounts across various industries
* Respond to on-demand contract services with 3 or 7 business day response commitments for troubleshooting and repair
* Work closely with Sales to provide insight into new instrument and new service opportunities as well as upsell service and consumables at existing customer sites based on need
* Ability to travel extensively, and work schedules that will fluctuate based on customer and business needs / demands
* Write clear and concise reports for customers
* Organize and maintain accurate field parts stock and account for all inventory transactions
* Plan services and parts shipments for those services
* Represent SUEZ in the most responsible and professional manner as this single role represents the entire company in all that is done
* Special projects and training as assigned by supervisors
* Ensure compliance with all aspects of safety on the job, including the operation and maintenance of an assigned company vehicle and comply with all Suez Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) policies
Compensation: Period 0.00 - 0.00 USD
Is relocation for this position offered: No
Number of Job Openings: 1
Company Grade/Band: Other SalariedThe Suez Field Service Technician will provide routine to complex field service support for our core Sievers® brand total organic carbon (TOC) analytical instruments and accessories at customer sites, predominantly within the Los Angeles, CA metropolitan area. Support will include maintenance, verification, validation, repair and calibration duties as well as troubleshooting operational issues. The Field Service Technician will also provide field service support for other Suez Water Technology & Solution instrumentation. Additional customer sites will be serviced as needed within the US.
SUEZ's Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Suez WTS is NOT accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Suez WTS in any fashion without a valid written search agreement in place will be deemed the sole property of Suez WTS. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired by Suez WTS based upon an unsolicited referral.
Orga: Water Technologies & Solutions