At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
A Field Service Engineer 2 will install, support, troubleshoot, repair, and otherwise maintain all Intuitive products in their assigned territory ensuring all service agreements and warranty obligations are fulfilled and exceeding customer expectations. This requires expertise in electro-mechanical systems, specialized training, as well as excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Perform all types of scheduled maintenance activities for your assigned territory including, but not limited to; system inspections, preventive maintenance, software updates, system recalls, field actions, and upgrades
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair all Intuitive products and associated equipment within your specified territory in accordance with procedures and within designated timeframes.
- Coordinate and perform system and hardware delivery and installatio.
- Competent in knowledge and implementation of O.R. protocol and HIPAA standards.
- Complete all administrative duties, which include but not limited to; Spare parts inventory, Field Activity Reports, Return Material Authorizations, Expense Reports etc. within the prescribed timeframes
- Maintain all Intuitive provided items to include; issued tooling, calibrated tool sets, employee vehicle, laptops, iPads, and any other company owned or issued assets
- Support Intuitive teams as required to facilitate company objectives; eg. Assist Sales teams with trade show support as required, assist Genesis teams with sterile reprocessing training as required, provide hospital contacts to other Intuitive teams as required, etc…
- Provide feedback to HQ and take part in continuous improvement projects as required to improve processes and find efficiencies
- Complete all required training items to include, but not limited to; equipment training for all Intuitive products in your assigned territory, Intuitive Surgical University classes as required, and professional development courses as required by management
- Maintain all aspects of your assigned territory to include, but not limited to; responding to customer needs, maintaining system Ibase configurations, customer contacts, establishing a rapport with assigned customer base, supporting customer training and events as required
- Provide technical support to end-users and other Intuitive employees
- Conduct training sessions at ISI, training centers and hospitals
- Understand and comply with all department and company policies
- Provide management with a quarterly territory review and assessment
- Complete all administrative tasks in the required time frame
- Ability to Travel ~60% within the travel and expense policy
- Ad hoc tasks assigned by management
- Reside within 30 miles of assigned territory location
- Willing to work a flex shift, second shift, or other type of shift as required by territory assignment and management
- Demonstrate individual characteristics expected of Intuitive personnel (eg. Character, capacity, energy, experience)
Competency is based on education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual should have:
- Minimum 1-3 years of Field Service Experience preferred
- Minimum Education: Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent training/experience preferred
- Proven track record of troubleshooting electro-mechanical systems preferred
- Good written and oral communication skills
- General computer skills
- Strong administrative and record keeping skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 75 lbs and move wheeled objects up to 1,200 lbs
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 50 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day