The Facilities Technician 1 is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all Zoetis facilities. The Facilities Technician 1 and Facilities Manager will be responsible as the primary contact for emergency situations that affect Zoetis' ability to open for business. Additionally, the Facilities Technician 1 will assess and consider the following areas daily:
- The safety of our employees.
- The security of our assets.
- The service to our employees and visitors.
- Interfacing with vendors.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Respond to all issues relating to climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies, and repairs reported through Facilities Mailbox.
- Reviews and generates monthly maintenance records through SAP.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis, including weekends.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed.
- Ability to make minor plumbing repairs and electrical work as well as perform other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities manager.
- Assists with departmental and employee moves.
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Dismantles and installs furniture.
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Performs or reach out for resources (janitorial vendor) to immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility.
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities manager.
- Assist with managing incoming facility supply shipments. This may also require managing large possible heavy parcels. Incoming shipments are to be confirmed upon receipt and stored appropriately.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in coordinating with vendors.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with all employees.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Must be organized and provide timely resolution to all help desk requests.
- Basic understanding of how the facility operates.
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License.
- Ability to understand and follow oral written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and against strict time constraints.
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools.
- Knowledge of basic electrical.
- Knowledge of basic plumbing.
- Knowledge of basic HVAC.
- Must be able to travel to all facility locations.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl, and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor.
- Must remain Drug-Free. (Drug screening completed prior to starting)
- Union City, Ca site-based position.
The following base pay range reflects the anticipated base pay for this position if a selected candidate were to be located in [ California]
Base pay may vary based on location and other factors.
Base Pay Range: $20.60 - $31.60
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which includes healthcare, dental coverage, and retirement savings benefits along with paid holidays, vacation and disability insurance.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.