A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Facilities Operations Manager you will be the centralized point of contact for facilities & maintenance service providers, internal facility work requests & property management representatives. This position directly manages general facility vendor operations including security, maintenance, sprinkler, fire extinguisher, lighting, plumbing, recycling, janitorial, pest control, first aid & breakroom supply vendors. This position involves direct contact with both internal and external parties, and this candidate must have a professional demeanor and ability to communicate effectively with business partners at every level, including upper management. Participates in the development, recommendation, and administration of policies, procedures and processes in support of departmental operations. Responds to inquiries and requests for service from internal departments. Works collaboratively with Facilities Engineering & Maintenance Managers to establish, maintain and update GMP facilities standards as needed. Critical to success is ensuring timely and quality service delivery to stakeholders and follow up with key stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provides a strong link between Facilities Engineering and Maintenance and other departments across MilliporeSigma Viral Vector Manufacturing sites, including keeping current with the Manufacturing operations and internal and external audit support for F&E representation.
- Creates work orders and assigns work orders to multiple technicians, subcontractors and vendors as needed. Communicates work orders to technicians and assists in resolving problems. Provides reports on open and closed work orders and checks status with the appropriate technician or vendor.
- Maintains files on work orders, proposals, and department files. Creates equipment and vendor files and checks accuracy on completed paperwork submitted by vendors through the proper use of the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Ensures follow up repairs found from preventive maintenance notes are executed through the CMMS.
- Creates, tracks and maintains purchase orders and ensures proper processing of invoices and ensures proper cost center coding.
- Manages to a set of metrics/KPI's: tracking, analyzing, and reporting performance in terms of quality, safety, costs and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures service providers meet Quality Assurance and EHS requirements.
Who you are:Basic Qualifications:
- Develops, maintains, and updates electronic organization collateral (SharePoint/Teams file repository, goals, organizational charts, etc.).
- Develops, maintains, and updates the site seating plan.
- Trains vendors on work order and billing procedures. Processes invoices and ensures proper cost center coding.
- Participates in the development and administration of grounds and building maintenance budget; coordinates the allocation of resources following budget approval; recommends approval of expenditures.
- Coordinates personnel and equipment moves
- Part of the department's Emergency Management (Incident Command System) essential personnel requires after hour and 24/7 on-call for response as needed.
- BA degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, or related field or a minimum of 4+ years of experience in facilities management, maintenance, property management, calibration, construction management or related field
- 1+ years of experience with FDA, EMA, or other regulatory standards and requirements for facility and utility processes
- Experience in architectural/engineering design concepts
- Experience reviewing and understanding lease and vendor contracts
- Knowledge of architectural, planning, and construction terminology
- Extensive experience with Windows-based applications especially spreadsheet and database management programs, such as Excel, Word, Access, and CAD
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work within an ambiguous environment and manage change
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting
- Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
- Prior industry experience in life science, clinical, biotech, or pharma is a plus
- Previous operational and/or business management experience.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and build relationships across disciplines.
- Strong partnering skills; has exceptionally strong and highly effective working relationships with internal and/or external customers, partners and stakeholders.
- Highly competent in MS office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Team-oriented, works well with others and customer-service focused
- Solid understanding of GxP requirements, as it relates to facilities, and other compliance related areas
RSRMSWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218925
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time