Facebook Reality Labs is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. Our team has the responsibility for taking breakthrough concepts and delivering them to market at scale. Facebook Reality Labs seeks a hardware validation engineer who has experience in consumer electronics and battery operated mobile products.
- Support hardware system validation and performance characterization activities for the Electrical Engineering team.
- Execute validation strategy and co-ordinate with cross functional teams to come up with detailed test plans for all subsystems in products under development and work with internal and external test resources on test execution.
- Track test progress, document bugs, and fixes and produce regular progress reports.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- For new technologies and features, work closely with design engineering on defining performance characterization and validation strategy, as well as detailed test plans.
- Work closely with the factory test team and ensure alignment of validation and characterization plans with factory test plans.
- Participate in design reviews and make recommendations to support overall test strategy.
- Create test setups, collect and analyze data to help debug technical issues.
- Support cross functional design engineering and technology teams in driving resolution and verify fixes.
- Convert large amounts of data into a clear summary to communicate to stakeholders at all levels.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience in consumer electronics or related fields
- Experience creating validation plans for hardware products including developing test methodologies for new features and technologies
- Hands-on experience in detailed testing of at least one electrical subsystem such as power, battery & charger, memory, sensors, display, touch, audio, camera or wireless. Experience learning quickly and extend to other areas as needed
- Familiar with testing common electrical interfaces such as I2C, SPI, UART, USB 2.0, USB 3.1 with PD, CSI, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience working with system level coexistence tests such as desense/power noise and compliance tests
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills and experience communicating and driving issues to resolution across cross functional teams
- Experience working with overseas development and manufacturing partners
- Experience in troubleshooting with component vendors on test escapes, missing test coverage, etc.
- Strong team player and creative thinker who has experience supporting technical teams, cross-functional groups and vendors to execute against validation plans
- Strong understanding of consumer electronics product lifecycle, development process and partner eco-system
- General understanding of overall hardware system architecture common to consumer electronics products
- Experience working as a hardware design engineer
- Experience working with Analog, RF and/or Mixed-Signal PCB's and FPC's
- Knowledge of common certifications and compliance requirements for consumer electronic devices and power supplies
- Experience working with embedded systems that run on Android/Linux
- Python/MATLAB/JS scripting experience for test automation and data processing/organization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.