Nuttall Gear LLC, a Division of Altra Industrial Motion is seeking a CNC Machinist for our location in Niagara Falls, NY.
SUMMARY: The CNC Machinist will set-up, program and run CNC machines for the manufacturing of a variety of finished parts from castings, forgings and bar stock.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Accept the responsibility of ownership for your machine and parts produced following the quality policy. Recommend method changes towards process improvements applying the principals of lean manufacturing.
- Focus on our customers in everything you do.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area keeping all equipment in proper storage areas.
- Perform daily routine maintenance on machines within your work area.
- Understand and follow the shop practices and related procedures set forth for your position always mindful of working in a safe manner following safety rules.
- Set up, run and adjust machine controls, tools and machine equipment to achieve parts with proper size, finish and tolerance.
- Debug and edit programs in conjunction with manufacturing engineers to achieve quality parts in the machining cycle.
- Complete required documentation for non-conformance and move orders.
- Operate manual and powered work transport equipment as needed for work within machining area.
Job Requirements:QUALIFICATIONS and COMPENTENCIES:
Nuttall Gear, LLC is required to comply with ITAR (International Trade in Arms Regulations). Therefore, successful candidates for this position must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship either now or in the future.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the following:
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE CREDENTIALS:
- Programming Skills on Mazak and Fanuc Controls or G-Code
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints
- Proficiency in set-up and operation of all machines in assigned work area.
- Competency in basic computer skills for the transfer of data.
- Understanding and ability to use metalworking measuring devices
- Supportive attitude for procedures, policies and initiatives in support of lean manufacturing, quality and safety.
- A High School diploma or GED equivalency is required from an accredited institution
- Certificate of completion from an accredited machining program, preferred, or 2 years equivalent CNC machining experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, squat, bend walk, sit, lift, and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Lifting requirements include but not limited to the following:
Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, beyond 50 pounds with assist only.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to an industrial environment including moving mechanical parts. Personal protective safety equipment must be worn and proper safety precautions must be observed. Potential exposure may include, but is not limited to: oils, solvents, dusts, noise, heat, cold.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to
Email blocked - click to apply
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now!
This job has expired.