Electrical Reliability Services, a rapidly growing third-party, NETA accredited, electrical testing company is currently seeking an experienced Field Engineer to support our service offerings in Portland, OR. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Portland, OR or be willing to relocate to be considered for this position. United States Navy Electrician's, United States Army Prime Power candidates, Electrician's or Electrician Helpers are strongly urged to apply.
Why ERS is the best company for Electrical Testing?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly competitive compensation plan plus lucrative overtime plan
- Excellent benefits including: Company vehicle, smartphone, laptop, 401k & Generous PTO/Vacation Plan, Medical, Vision & Dental & more
- Incentive program that rewards employees for NETA Certification and Professional Engineering (PE) License Attainment
- Outstanding employee referral bonuses
- Career Progression with multiple career path opportunities
- Industry leader in electrical testing, project services, commissioning and engineering services
- Military and Veteran focused organization
- Strong Safety Program
- Troubleshooting capabilities, simple relay calibration, use of load recording instrumentation, low and medium voltage switchgear testing through 15 kV class
- Perform tasks such as testing of circuit breakers, switchgear and motor control centers
- Electrical testing and maintenance of electrical power distribution systems
Busduct Installation, Inspection & Testing
- Instrument transformer tests & Power transformer testing - Doble, TTR, Insulation Resistance, etc.
- Test both electro-mechanical and solid-state relays
- Cable testing - Tan Delta, Power Factor, VLF, DC Hipot
- Automatic transfer switch troubleshooting
- High school diploma or GED plus 1 year of relevant experience
- Graduate Engineer BSEE with Power Systems Focus and no experience or an Associate Degree from an accredited 2-year technical college in Electrical Power, or similar experience and training from the military (Army Prime Power, Air Force Electrical Power Production, or NAVY Nuclear Electrician)
- Good theoretical understanding of electrical power systems
- Proficient with Microsoft office including Outlook, Word and Microsoft Excel.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS:
- Candidates with NETA Certification are preferred
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment, periodic and random drug screenings
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work.
- Must be available for out-of-town travel at a minimum of 15-25 weeks per year
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets
- Possess a valid driver's license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record
Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
- Customer Focus
- Operational Excellence
- High-Performance Culture
- Financial Strength
- Own It
- Act With Urgency
- Foster a Customer-First Mindset
- Think Big and Execute
- Lead by Example
- Drive Continuous Improvement
- Learn and Seek Out Development
At Vertiv, we offer the stability of a global leader in a growing industry and the opportunity of a startup. We design, manufacture and service the mission-critical infrastructure technologies for vital applications in data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial environments. With $5.0 billion in revenue, a strong customer base and global reach in nearly 70 countries, our move to establish a standalone business enables us to deliver greater value to our customers and create new opportunities for our people.
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
This job has expired.