Environmental Engineer in Training
Career Area: Engineering
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking to fill the position of Environmental Engineer in Training (EIT) in the Site Solutions Business Unit in the Nashville, TN office.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Typically works on a variety of environmental and engineering projects. Projects include, but not limited to, supporting the design and siting of waste resource facilities, such as landfills, transfer stations, convenience centers, recycling facilities, and composting operations.
- Assists in the preparation or modification of reports, specifications, plans, permits, and designs for projects.
- May assist in client contact and communication, and attends client meetings.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, and tests, in order to plan and design projects.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Accompany Engineers to site visits as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Why join us?
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- EI Certification required
- Strong internship experience and/or 0-2 years experience preferred
- Experience using AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret job-related manuals and documents
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced-collaborative team atmosphere with an established group of surveyors, engineers, landscape architects, and administrative staff.
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.