GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor design, development, fabrication, and innovation company with locations across the globe. We think differently, design with excellence and enable "connected intelligence" across a growing universe of devices, networks and data centers, working with some of the world's most inspired companies to develop and produce the semiconductors that are changing the way all people live today-and defining what's possible for tomorrow.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab 9 is seeking a skilled and motivated technician to support semiconductor equipment and its support equipment. Ability to execute and perform Quality Standard Work on equipment. This person needs to be flexible and dependable in order to meet business demands on the toolset. This position is in the 200mm factory in Essex Jct., Vermont. Technician positions are hourly shift positions working a compressed week of 12-hour shifts. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a 24/7 manufacturing facility providing technician support across all shifts.
Successful Manufacturing Support Technicians are self-motivated and work effectively in team or individual situations; demonstrates flexibility with regard to assignments, overtime, and work area.
Qualifications Required Qualifications
- Experience in semiconductor equipment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a tightly coupled team.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs
- Education - High School education or equivalent
- Experience - No experience required. Minimum of 1-year experience preferred.
- Travel - 0-5%
- Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
- Physical Capacity Demands:
- Able to perform shift work on a 12 hours per shift schedule
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment for normal 12-hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Ability to perform work in a standing position for majority of a 12-hour shift (excluding breaks)
- Able to lift a minimum of 30 pounds on a periodic basis throughout the shift (preventive maintenance) and/or process issues
- Direct experience working in semiconductor manufacturing
- Equipment maintenance experience in semiconductor manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation
- Demonstrated work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.