Enterprise IT Architect-Cyber Security
IT@JH EMMS is seeking an Enterprise IT Architect - Cyber Security who defines the structures of solutions and architectures to address complex business and technology problems. The Enterprise IT Architect acutely understands the broader business or technology objectives and using abstraction, generalization, integration, technical, and organizational experience, designs solutions to meet said objectives. Solutions are exhibited as business, enterprise, or Enterprise IT Architectures and can include systems, applications, and process components. The Enterprise IT Architect is expected to design solutions to address the most complex technical challenges in the environment.
General Position Summary:
The Enterprise IT Architect defines the structures of solutions and architectures to address complex business and technology problems. The Enterprise IT Architect acutely understands the broader business or technology objectives and using abstraction, generalization, integration, technical, and organizational experience, designs solutions to meet said objectives. Solutions are exhibited as business, enterprise, or Enterprise IT Architectures and can include systems, applications, and process components. The Enterprise IT Architect is expected to design solutions to address the most complex technical challenges in the environment.
The Enterprise IT Architect will lead technology efforts for an enterprise technology domain for the Information Technology at Johns Hopkins organization. Enterprise Information Technology efforts at Johns Hopkins are complex due to our Academic and Healthcare missions and the complexity to support complex Information Technology projects for Johns Hopkins University and/or Medicine. Incidents and projects will be complex and varied in nature, which also require the ability to balance the demands of multiple projects.
The scale is enterprise. All Johns Hopkins Medicine and/or all Johns Hopkins University affiliates, including international locales.
Complexity is at the highest.
The Enterprise IT Architect typically involves applications and integration of a broad variety of products, technologies and services, and various architectural styles and domains. The Enterprise IT Architect is involved in strategic technology planning and oversees solution architecture using and/or defining enterprise protocols in the design, implementation, performance, and documentation of technologies and systems. Ensures that appropriate technologies and protocols are applied when analyzing and translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs. Using functional specifications and designs, produces high level framework used by more junior IT staff and partitions large systems into components that enable parallel solution development by multiple teams. The scope of a technology specialization is described in the supplemental, however all Enterprise IT Architects have a centralized and enterprise breadth. Work complexity is extremely high, spanning the entirety of a specialty for the Johns Hopkins enterprise. Enterprise IT Architects are the technical experts for their domain and comprehensively understand the Hopkins specifics of the technical implementation. Where this position is a technology leader for the Enterprise, this position will not have direct reports and performance reviews are not in scope for this role. However, the Enterprise IT Architect will provide feedback for technical staff to their management on performance reviews.
The responsibilities listed below are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.
- Collaborate with, and frequently lead, other technical experts, architects and subject matter experts to contribute technology elements for the enterprise.
- Develop guiding principles, standards, and best practices consumed by execution teams.
- Responsible for IT vision, strategy, technology innovations, and architecture services of enterprise infrastructure and applications; design, document and implement a strategic roadmap for assigned technologies.
- Address highly complex problems by meeting with clients to observe and understand current processes and the issues related to those processes. Provide written documentation of findings to share with the client and other IT colleagues.
- Tracks a broad range of emerging technologies to:
- Determine their maturity and applicability to the enterprise
- Assess the relative impact to IT strategy and interprets meaning to senior IT leadership team
- Lead and manage strategic activities, including adoption of enterprise products and continuous integration strategies
DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT, and DEPLOYMENT
- Develop, manage and maintain standards; partner in the development, management, establishment, and enforcement of technical standards.
- Support the translation of business and technical objectives into solution architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems while leveraging enterprise solutions.
- Provide support and enforcement of compliance with enterprise support and identify opportunities to fully leverage offerings to the benefit of the enterprise.
- Develop detailed tasks and project plans by analyzing project scope and milestones for highly complex projects in order to ensure product is delivered in a timely fashion according to lifecycle standards.
- Provide experienced leadership for strategic planning in designing and developing comprehensive, innovative and integrated solutions. Oversee and mentor junior staff by reviewing tasks and milestones for quality standards and provide guidance in system/application design and development.
- Integrates multiple cross functional processes and disciplines to meet business and technical requirements by bringing perspective from all architecture domains (process, system, application information, data, and security).
IMPLEMENTATION AND MAINTENANCE
- Oversee changes by adhering to the change management policies and procedures for any given project to communicate to all parties the nature, significance, and risk factors of the solution.
- Monitor changes and resolve highly complex problems requiring the highest level of technical expertise by responding as they occur, by reviewing all processing and output of the newly implemented solution, and by proactively ensuring the solution works successfully in order to satisfy the customer requirements and to provide a smooth transition to the new solution.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively lead change, and communicate with business and IT staff.
- The ability to embrace change, adapt to the unexpected, and focus energies, people, and solutions on practical and positive results.
Bachelor's degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education. Required Experience:
Eight years of related work experience with computer systems and applications. Additional education may substitute for experience.Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Preferred Job Qualifications:
Knowledge in the assigned application as well as the platform on which it runs. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA's):
Specific duties & responsibilities
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting demands.
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy, with an ability to design information systems to fulfill that strategy.
- Experienced in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Experience working with senior IT and institutional leadership.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver organizational benefit
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
- Ability to lead technical and business colleagues via influence and without authority.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop solution architecture designs.
- Knowledge of applicable methodologies, including enterprise architecture.
- Knowledge of common IT infrastructure components.
The Enterprise IT Architect-Cyber Security works directly with the Chief Information Security Officer, Deputy Chief Information Security Officer and Enterprise Management, Monitoring and Security Team in several key areas:
1) Security -
The Enterprise IT Architect-Cyber Security will work with the Deputy CISO and the Enterprise Management, Monitoring, and Security team to provide overall architecture and strategies for security systems. This includes log management, host security, cloud security, asset discovery, vulnerability management, incident response, threat intelligence, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR), Network Access Control for both operational and security purposes.
2) Systems Management -
The Enterprise IT Architect-Cyber Security will work with the Deputy CISO to provide technical direction and implementation for systems management technologies and services provided within Johns Hopkins. The candidate will ensure that centralized services are designed based upon technical, security and customer requirements. Systems Management technologies include Configuration Management Database (CMDB), security updates management, client and server operating system deployment, server and client inventory, OSX Management, IT Automation, Mobile Device Management, and software delivery.
3) Monitoring -
The Enterprise IT Architect-Cyber Security will work with the Deputy CISO and key security and monitoring engineers to develop the overall architecture and strategies for systems monitoring at Johns Hopkins. This includes log aggregation for both operational and security purposes, system monitoring for Servers (Windows and *NIX) and systems monitoring for client systems (Windows, OSX, Mobile). It is also expected that the Cyber Security Architect will be the Johns Hopkins expert at systems monitoring. The Enterprise IT Architect-Cyber Security will work with the ETS Leadership to develop insightful reporting, alerting and dashboards that provide insight to both security and operational data.Specific devices, software, projects for which the position is responsible
This positon has responsibility for log management, host security, cloud security, asset discovery, vulnerability management, incident response, threat intelligence, Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) Security Orchestration and Automated Response (SOAR), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), operational monitoring technologies, Network Access Control, and network security for the Enterprise Management, Monitoring and Security (EMMS) team.Scale/size of area, project and/or system supported
As defined in the primary job description, the scale is enterprise. The scale is “big-E” Enterprise. All Johns Hopkins Medicine and all Johns Hopkins University affiliates, including international locales.
Complexity is at the highest.Work location
: Mount Washington (Hybrid)On call requirements (if applicable):
This position does not require formal on call; however, the individual is expected to be available beyond normal business hours to facilitate Cyber Security incidents.Minimum qualifications (mandatory)
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of Operating Systems, both Windows and Linux. The candidate should have knowledge of VB, PowerShell, and/or Python Scripting, WMI, operating system event logging and OS troubleshooting. Significant knowledge of the Johns Hopkins computing environment is required. The successful candidate will have an expert knowledge of logging and log aggregation tools. Special knowledge, skills, and abilities
Knowledge of common scripting languages, systems management processes and architecture, log management and log aggregation tools.
Classified Title: Enterprise IT Architect
Working Title: Enterprise IT Architect - Cyber Security
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: IT@JH
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Enterprise-IT-Architect-Cyber-Security-MD-21209/817783600/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.