Job ID: 411719
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is the leading supplier of value-added, glazing-focused, interior and exterior products and services. We design, engineer, test and manufacture solutions in engineered curtain wall, storefronts and entrances, architectural glass, shower enclosures, glazing hardware, windows, railings and more.
Job Title: Engineering Fabrication Technician (EPET098)
Department: Terrell Standard Products
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is the leading supplier of architectural glass and aluminum glazing systems, including custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors and skylights. Our company is currently seeking a highly motivated Engineering Technician for our Engineered Products group in Terrell, Texas.
Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Provide accurate fabrication drawings for use in manufacturing
- Provide accurate material take-offs (metal and accessories)
- Work with submission department to identify parts required for fabrication
- Participate on cross functional continuous improvement ideas
- Assist project management team to solve technical issues
- Associates Degree in CADD, Engineering, Mechanical, Architectural Design or 2 year equivalent work experience in the office or plant fabrication department
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings, architectural/structural drawings and specifications
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications
- Mechanical aptitude and proficient in math (Geometry and basic Trigonometry)
- Team oriented with the desire to helps others succeed.
- Positive attitude.
- Familiar with model building codes and their applications.
- Great communication, documentation, and organization skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veteran/DisabilityWhat OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: May 24, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Fabrication, Maintenance, Design Engineer, Engineer, Technician, Manufacturing, Engineering, Technology
This job has expired.