We are hiring an Engineer - Lead, the role will give you the opportunity to expand your skills and experience working on mission critical infrastructure facilities operations for the largest wholesale data center provider in the world. We offer a clean, stable environment where there is a lot of variety and always something to do, and where you'll work at least 40 hours per week. If you are looking for an exciting job with great benefits in a company that will provide you with a lot of opportunity to learn, grow, and expand your skillset for a high-demand role, then this could be the right place for you.
What you'll do
As an Engineer - Lead you'll work with your peers to ensure coverage 365 days per year, 7 days per week, 24 hours per day. You'll spend most of your days on a variety of interesting activities, including walking the facility and inspecting infrastructure systems, performing routine maintenance, supervising the facility, assessing needs, monitoring construction projects, and completing repairs as needed. You will also help to gather information and take readings to fill in the parameters on daily spreadsheets. The service you provide will be to the underlying support systems (power, cooling, etc) for customers' computers, so you will not be expected to do any computer maintenance-the customers do that for themselves. Some of your specific responsibilities will include:
What you'll need
- Monitoring building infrastructure systems.
- Troubleshooting and repairing building infrastructure systems, HVAC system, electrical systems, and more.
- Performing preventive maintenance on all building equipment.
- Assembling and commissioning Data Center equipment.
- Preparing Change Management Forms and Methods of Procedure (MOPs).
- Scheduling maintenance procedures with vendors.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety procedures and use of protective equipment.
- Responding quickly to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure etc.) and customer concerns as needed.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
A bit about us
- An Associate's degree (AA/AS) or an equivalent combination of education and experience; data center experience is strongly preferred.
- A trade license or certification acquired through technical education/training.
- A facilities maintenance certification.
- Experience working with mission critical data equipment, and the willingness to work in a fast-paced, mission critical environment.
- Strong HVAC, mechanical, and electrical skills and experience.
- An understanding of computer systems, and skill with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to follow instructions and processes precisely and carefully.
- The willingness to work 2nd or 3rd shift, at least one weekend day each week, and unscheduled overtime as needed to complete projects or break-fixes.
- The ability to walk around a good deal of the time to perform inspections, to do some work outdoors in the weather if needed, and to lift heavy objects.
Digital Realty supports the world's leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data center, colocation and interconnection solutions. PlatformDIGITAL®, our global data center platform, gives customers a reliable foundation for scaling their digital business and efficiently managing data gravity challenges. The size and scale of our business puts us in a unique position to offer customers access to 290 facilities in 49 metros across 24 countries and six continents.A bit about our Digital team
Our Operations team keeps our customers' infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centers operates as it should.What we can offer you
Our rapidly evolving business sector offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who work together to understand and meet the changing needs of our global customers.
Join us and you'll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of our team, you'll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. We'll also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career with us.
This is an exciting time to join our business so apply now and make your mark on our future.Notes:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled. All applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or Company policy.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
This job has expired.