Performs detailed phases of design engineering work for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., assignment involving a single engineering discipline). The incumbent must be fully competent in all conventional aspects of design engineering and be capable of planning and conducting tasks requiring independent judgment in the evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Determines client requirements and develops specifications, drawings, instructions, and related documents.
- Reviews vendor drawings for major components.
- Evaluates need for design changes and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Consults with construction personnel concerning design constructability as related to field conditions, sequencing, and scheduling of construction activities.
- Ensures that production of drawings, specifications, reports, and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost, and quality requirements.
- May plan, schedule, coordinate, and oversee the work of lower-level engineers who assist with particular projects.
- Prepares technical reports and sections of proposals as requested.
- May provide direction to and Supervision for Design Engineers I & II.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Environmental or other related Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Minimum of 8 years progressive experience in the municipal water/wastewater and/or public works field of engineering is preferred
- Professional Engineer's license in the state of Tennessee is a plus
- Experience in managing production and treatment projects as well and/or experience performing water distribution and wastewater collection modeling is preferred
- Advanced understanding of water treatment / distribution and wastewater collection / treatment principles and state regulations is preferred
- Ability to research and utilize available resources
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to lead or assist a project team to completion of multiple projects simultaneously
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our company culture is a must
- Ability to guide, direct, and coordinate with multiple professionals involved in water / wastewater type projects and to manage the performance of various personnel in other departments
- Ability to effectively communicate, in English, both verbally and in writing
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Professional Engineer