Why Welbilt? That's easy... we're not your typical manufacturing company. We're building the industry's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to work smarter, not harder through Lean/Six Sigma methodologies; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with the industry's most talented workforce. Check out our opening at Welbilt' s Delfield facility*today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
Under direct supervision, the Engineer II performs a variety of engineering work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Plans and designs products, tools, and equipment. Incumbents receive specific and detailed instruction regarding required tasks and expected results. Tasks typically relate to design, test, verification and reliability of mechanical and electromechanical food service products and systems. This is an intermediate level position.
Reporting directly to the New Production Introduction Engineering Manager, this position is a day shift opportunity based in Mt. Pleasant, MI.
- Works on new product designs, product improvements, test analysis, and production and service liaisons.
- Prepares basic analysis, test, performance, schedule, and cost information as required.
- Responsible for timely, cost-effective development of product designs, component and material requirements, bills of materials, and assembly instructions for commercial equipment.
- Performs a variety of engineering work
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares concept sketches, detail drawings, design models, and specification documents for product designs.
- Prepares root cause analysis, test performance, schedule and cost information, as required.
- Prepares progress reports, feasibility, and concept studies, etc., as required.
- Assists in the preparation of manuals and sales literature on assigned projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in the engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 2-4 years' experience.
- Knowledgeable of fundamental engineering principles concepts, practices and procedures of a field of specialization.
- Understands design theory and has demonstrated the ability to read and prepare drawings.
- Pro/Engineer 3D modeling preferred.
* The Delfield Company in Mt. Pleasant, MI manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com .
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace . All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.
This job has expired.