Job ID: 296760
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America's largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally.
Primary resource to support the management of fuel and energy costs and coordination of all regional utility services. A focus is to continually align regional category-based sourcing/buying activities with operational and division business objectives. To utilize category strategies in all procurement activities, enabling operational stakeholders with tools and resources to maximize sourcing benefits and transactional value. The Energy Procurement Manager actively collaborates with the CRH Americas Materials West energy category team and provides support to CRH's management and procurement teams for procurement of operating fuels, including on/off road diesel, recycled fuel oil, NG, propane, or other alternative fuels, as needed.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Manage utility services, rates, billing, and programs
- Manage energy procurement activities in respective regions for fuel and energy supplier, transportation, and utility contracts.
- Responsible for implementing division energy strategy at the OpCo/Region level.
- Measure and manage OpCo performance including data for benchmarking.
- Execute multiple local initiatives while ensuring adherence to purchasing best practices.
- Develop and manage relationships with local-key energy suppliers according to category strategies.
- Accountable for driving the realization of savings, efficiency, quality, and process improvement.
- Analyze local supply market, anticipate changes, and drive subsequent energy procurement activities.
- Evaluate contracts and suppliers to facilitate final supplier-based decisions with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure products and services are purchased in the most cost and time-efficient manner.
- Coordinate category and supplier strategy implementation in respective regions.
- Identify opportunities to innovate and manage demand.
- Assist in the negotiation of utility services and commodity contracts with third party suppliers.
Support the category team in the following activities:
- Demand management and utility tariff-rate analysis / management Support.
- Energy-efficiency analysis and improvement.
All other duties as assigned Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years of business, finance, purchasing, operations, or related experience.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or similar certification desired.
- Experience in the management of utilities in a manufacturing, construction and / or mining environment is desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with others and share best practices.
- High ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively with customer focus and responsiveness.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to effectively present technical information to management. Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability and willingness to learn.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 25 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment
Usually, normal office working conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They present typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Job Segment:
Procurement, Regional Manager, Manager, Supply, Buyer, Operations, Management
This job has expired.