Endpoint Systems Engineer
About Eastern Washington University:
Eastern Washington University is a regional, comprehensive public university located in Cheney and Spokane, Washington, with programs offered throughout the state and online with an enrollment of over 12,000 students. Eastern is one of six state-funded four-year institutions of higher education in Washington reporting to its own Board of Trustees.
Eastern’s 300-acre main campus is located in Cheney, a community of 11,000 residents 16 miles southwest of the state’s second largest city, Spokane. Eastern also offers programs in downtown Spokane at the Brand new Catalyst building and on the Riverpoint Campus which is shared with Washington State University. Eastern also offers program throughout the state based on the needs of the community. Eastern offers an array of bachelor’s and master’s degrees and one applied doctorate in physical therapy. EWU offers 135 fields of study, 9 master’s degrees, 12 graduate certificates, 39 graduate programs, 1 educational specialist degree, and 1 applied doctorate to more than 10,000 enrolled students.
This is an open recruitment; three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
Information Technology (IT) provides information resources and technology services to the entire campus community in support of the university's mission. IT also provides technical assistance in the design, acquisition, installation, and maintenance of campus systems, media, and telecommunications infrastructure including; desktop and laptop computer equipment; institutional databases; enterprise-wide applications; technology equipped classrooms, distance learning classrooms, telecommunications systems; centrally licensed software, online services,
open-access and discipline specific computer labs, consulting, training, and user support. Information Technology provides assistance to EWU leadership in strategic planning for technology initiatives which strengthen both efficiency and effectiveness.
The Endpoint Systems Engineer collaborates with a broad range of customers, partners, and key stakeholders in administrative and academic units to provide best-in-class, reliable, and secure mobile, workstation, and computing lab environments for the university. The Endpoint Engineer focuses on newer technologies involving large-scale workstation management and software virtualization, acting as a resource for other IT staff. The Endpoint Systems Engineer will configure and utilize Cloud technologies to architect, deploy, and maintain the end-user computing environment, such as, but not limited to System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), AWS Systems Manager (SSM), and jamf Mobile Device Management (MDM). They support the end-user computing environment, which consists of troubleshooting end-user computing related issues ranging from deployments, patching and updates, as well as operating system imaging within Eastern Washington University's computing environment.
This position reports to the Datacenter Manager, who reports to the Sr. Manager of Infrastructure Services. The Sr. Manager of Infrastructure Services reports to the Associate Vice President / Chief Information Officer (CIO).
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Applied Science degree in computer science discipline or equivalent work-related experience
- One year of specific information technology experience with technologies that include:
- Deploying solutions into Cloud (preferably AWS)
- Creating and deploying software and patch management packages to an enterprise environment (Desktop/Laptop/Mobile platforms)
- Proven experience translating enterprise class business requirements into technical solutions.
- Demonstrated abilities in each of the following areas:
- Working independently
- Prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively communicate in both spoken and written form to diverse constituencies, both technical and non-technical
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility, and/or diversity.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- AWS Associate level certification
- 4+ years specific information technology experience that include:
- Deploying software and patches via a management tool like SCCM, jamf, or AWS SSM
- Cloud based deployment (AWS, Azure)
- Proven experience using AWS Lambda to solve a business need.
- Experience in using a well-structured life cycle management process for implementation of changes in application systems, including experience with project management and configuration management processes
- Knowledge and experience working in a higher education and/or financial environment with areas dealing with information systems management and support systems.
Job Duties: % of Time:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with creating and troubleshooting core client technologies such as Group Policies, SCCM, jamf, and logon scripts
- Demonstrated experience in standard scripting languages (such as Python, VBScript, PowerShell, BASH, etc.) to improve and automate implementation and support activities.
- Knowledge of and the ability to perform professional level administrative tasks associate with: System management, Configuration management, log review, cloud-based design and deployment, Docker containerization, and task automation.
- Ability to perform basic project management tasks including ability to accurately estimate tasks and schedules as well as research technology needs and requirements for assigned projects.
- Ability to act as an application or system administrator for systems or services as assigned.
100 Responsibility / Duty: The total of all responsibilities is 100%.Desktop Architecting, Deployment, & Support -
Architect and deploy Desktop Management solutions into EWU approved Cloud technologies. Provides automated and proactive monitoring and support for University Mac and Windows desktop/mobile machines. Tasks:
- Architect and deploy desktop management solutions into EWU Cloud Technologies. This includes, but not limited to: SCCM, Intune, and jamf
- Utilize cloud Container solutions, like AWS ECS and ECR, to quickly deploy Docker containers to EWU Cloud Environment.
- Create, maintain, and recommend for deployment client images for Windows, Mac, and mobile devices that support current desktop, laptop, and mobile computing standards.
- Package desktop software applications for delivery using a centralized software distribution system such as SCCM, Intune, and jamf
- Develop proactive and automated updating and maintenance aspects for designated equipment, which includes best practice patch and change management activities
- Integrated with EWU Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies, like Active Directory and Group Policy to manage client objects.
- Train IT staff how to properly utilize and leverage EWUs Desktop and Mobile Management systems
Using a combination of best practices and cloud centric tools to ensure a responsive, secure and consistent desktop computing space while continually providing increased value to customers. Essential Function Indicator:
Yes % of Time: Responsibility / Duty: System Administration -
Develop, deploy and maintain solutions focusing on end-user computing and customer support using EWU approved cloud technologies and configuration management tools. Tasks:
- Create, maintain and deploy, cloud-based scripts to enhance and improve desktop/mobile support capabilities.
- Keep configuration and deployment systems running in a secure and highly available manner.
- Develop automated configurations using SCCM, jamf, and AWS SSM to deploy latest software updates and security patches to devices attached to the university environment.
- Recommend university standards for Tablets and Cell Phones
- Document all systems architecture and design aspects.
Systems and services are provisioned, up-to-date and maintained in a timely manner utilizing automation and scripting. Essential Function Indicator:
Yes % of Time: Responsibility / Duty: Training and Quality Assurance -
Understands how the Cloud environment is evolving and stays current on the latest trends and technologies for deploying, maintaining, and securing end-user devices. Tasks:
- Independently analyze, design, program, troubleshoot and resolve problems to ensure reliability, stability and integrity for cloud-based services ensuring they are both available and performant.
- Analyze logs and examine monitoring tools to review audited processes and procedures as well as troubleshoot performance issues.
- Researches new products/solutions to better understand how they can enhance EWU capabilities.
- Stays current with, and recommends ways to take advantage of new technological developments in cloud best practices.
- Trains help-desk staff on new solutions being deployed as well as what the latest best practices are.
- Works with appropriate staff to create/maintain documentation of services and processes for enterprise Computer environment and applications.
Cloud resources are both available and performant so that end users can complete their assigned functions and tasks. Essential Function Indicator:
Yes Conditions of Employment:
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior
to beginning employment.
All new employees must comply with EWU Immunization Policy 602-02 and provide proof of immunity or vaccination to MMR and proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before beginning work at EWU. Waivers for the immunization requirements are available for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees’ Collective Bargaining Agreement.Salary Information:
The salary range for this position is $77,544 (minimum) up to $101,748. Where the hired candidate will begin within this range is dependent on education, experience and skills. Posting Date:
12/02/2021Open Until Further Notice:
YesClosing Date: Screening to Begin:
12/13/2021Special Instructions to Applicants:
Submit your application materials through our online applications portal provided below. If you are unable to submit through the applicant portal, please contact Human Resources Services at (509) 359-2381.To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.ewu.edu/postings/7863EWU does not discriminate in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship or immigration status, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, age, marital status, families with children, protected veteran or military status, HIV or hepatitis C, status as a mother breastfeeding her child, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability, as provided for and to the extent required by state and federal laws.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.