As an EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) Design Engineer on Meta's AR Product Team, you will work directly with the AR design team to influence the design of Meta''s AR prototypes and future line of consumer products. You will lead system level EMC/EMI/ESD and any other electromagnetics-related design and validation. Work scope includes simulation, automation development, bring-up, validation and test in the lab for simulation correlation to improve EMC design quality for all design phases. The individual filling this position is expected to perform independently and lead multiple projects, work within teams interfacing with other engineers and technicians, and collaborate with different cross-functional team engineers and/or outside vendors to complete all necessary tasks. We want people who can take an ambiguous requirement and can create highly constrained solutions into high-volume consumer products. The ideal candidate has a strong EMC design background, excellent simulation and lab measurement capability, and experience in designing and manufacturing consumer technology products.
EMC Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead EMC grounding and shielding design, collaborating with different engineering teams to balance system/product constraints with the various compliance standards
- Provide design specifications and guidelines with clear risk tradeoffs to our cross-functional partners
- Explore various design elements including different sensors, modules, wireless charging, battery, SMPS/LDO, ICs, antennas, memories, low/high speed buses, cables, components, flexible and rigid PCBs, their physics of operation, and impacts on system performance
- Develop simulation methodology and flow for complicated system-level product design needs, from DC to EM frequency band for EM and Multiphysics effects
- Develop EMC validation methodology and detailed engineering test plans, validate in lab to correlate simulation results and improve design flow
- Use simulation and lab data to support design troubleshooting and propose corrective actions, drive failure analysis, root cause efforts, and design of experiments to resolve problems
- Support multiple projects at the same time
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in EM simulation and/or measurement areas
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic fundamentals, grounding and shielding theory
- Familiar with PCB and flex design and manufacture process
- Experience delivering a product into manufacturing
- Master's or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Feel comfortable using different instruments, such as near a field EM scanner, spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, oscilloscope, signal generator, field probes, ESD gun/simulator and other related test equipment
- Good system knowledge, such as PD structural and thermal solution, power regulator design and EMI control, RF desense, magnetics shielding, noise and vibration
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.