The Electronics Specialist performs all operations necessary for the assembly of electronic amplifiers and other electronic apparatus. Electronics Specialist will have demonstrated ability to perform with little or no assistance all tasks/jobs identified in the Electronics Associate (H1) job description. Will diagnose on your own and/or in conjunction with quality causes of malfunction and take proper corrective actions. In addition, will assist in process improvement efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read blueprints, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings, or engineering instructions for assembling electronics units and maintaining circuitry.
- Update backlog as needed, identify potential shortage and communicate to buyer/area manager
- Perform basic Oracle functions such as review supply/demand, print Work Orders
- Mechanical assembly and wiring of sub-assemblies and final assemblies such as power supplies, amplifiers and cables.
- Test electronics units, using standard test equipment, and analyze results to evaluate performance and determine need for adjustment.
- Facilitate quality in all operations as set forth in the ID Quality Manual.
- Keep tools and working area in a clean and orderly condition, and observe prescribed safety precautions.
- Adjust or replace defective or improperly functioning circuitry or electronics components, using hand tools or soldering iron.
- Build prototypes from rough sketches or plans.
- Maintain inventory, Kanban, and related documentation.
- Record data to document assembly, testing, and operation of electronic units.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required:
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and managing files and records.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and basic knowledge of arithmetic.
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions as to the sequence of setups, operations, and processes within the limitations of recognized or standard methods.
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision.
- Very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail for working with small electronic components.
- Ability to detect and correct solder bridges and other discrepancies.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Work-related hazards include working with high voltage. Working on the plant floor requires wearing common protective and safety equipment.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.