Responsible for safely moving equipment and materials within Maxim locations and to customer job sites on a short haul basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Safely operate commercial motor vehicles and other equipment at Company locations and customer job sites
* Reconciles Bill of Lading (BOL) against load and ensures correct components are prepared for transport.
* Ensures all materials are properly tied down and secured for transport.
* Assists other employees with the loading and unloading of cranes and components.
* Understands axle weight distribution and adjusts loads accordingly.
* Prepares and verifies receipts for materials picked up to ensure proper logs and paperwork comply with DOT regulations.
* Maintains logs and records as required by DOT regulations.
* Maintains and checks truck equipment and supplies to ensure roadworthiness.
* Notifies supervisor of currently needed or anticipated repairs and may perform minor emergency roadside repairs as required.
* Maintains accurate reporting of all expenses and receipts associated with the daily use of company credit cards and fuel cards.
* Performs required pre- and post-trip inspections as required.
* Participates in Company safety procedures, programs, and meetings.
* Stays in compliance with Company safety programs and remains compliant with all FMCSA rules & regulations.
* Perform other duties as assigned or required.
* High School diploma, GED, or equivalent certification.
* Associates or Vocational degree preferred.
* 2+ years’ experience driving heavy loads, including loads requiring permits
* Advanced knowledge of local major and minor roadways and the ability to effectively use maps and directions for efficient delivery route.
* Advanced working knowledge and understanding of Motor Carrier Safety regulations / DOT Guidelines
* Advanced knowledge in driving delivery trucks, towing multi-axle trailers and steerable trailers, loading and unloading cranes, operating safely within high traffic or congested city zones and in small areas.
* Moderate oral and written communication skills
* Moderate computer skills
* Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test.
* DOT Physical Examination (Medical card)
* Maintains a valid Driver’s license with Class A CDL certification with a Maxim approved driving record.
Must be able to read and comprehend complex instructions, short correspondence and memos and the ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, use hands to finger; handle or feel; and kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear; push and/or pull; reach; climb; bend and/or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee spends most of their time in external conditions, which may include temperature variance, elevated noise levels, dust, and fumes. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts.
About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane is a coast-to-coast crane rental and lift solutions company specializing in crane rental and turnkey lifting services including operated, maintained, and bare rentals. As specialists within our field, we offer innovative solutions to meet your project’s needs. Situated in over 60 locations, each branch can provide management services; including transportation, risk management, and safety and insurance programs that are unparalleled in the industry.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment based on their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted 11 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
Posted 4 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our