Join our team! First American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance protection and professional settlement services for real estate purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com
Come join our First American Team - Anchorage, AK with Flexible and Part-Time hours as a Document Signer/Notary! Verify signatures and notarize documents. Provide a variety of basic clerical duties such as maintain files, checking reports, gathering information, and keeping records. Must have active Notary license - AK.
- Execute and notarize documents.
- Must be professional in the presentation of loan documents, such as the note, settlement statement and Deed of Trust and remain confidential and professional. Provide information explaining executed documents.
- Perform a range of clerical duties as required. This may include data entry, proofreading, posting records, searching and investigating.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Possess basic real estate/escrow/title terminology
- Ability to read and interpret documents. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- Background knowledge of mortgage lending business preferred
- Active notary license preferred; may obtain notary license during training process
- Must have active Notary license - AK.
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.