Director Test Development & Assessment
The Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth is a nonprofit dedicated to identifying and developing the talents of academically advanced K-12 students around the world. We provide today's brightest students with fun, challenging courses; a community of engaged learners; and a strong foundation for future success in college and their careers.
Want to join our team? We are looking for mission-driven problem-solvers who can thrive in CTY's diverse, collaborative, fast-paced, and results-driven work environment. We value innovation, creativity, integrity, and a shared commitment to the bright young people we serve. In return, we offer employees the opportunity to be part of the Johns Hopkins community and to take advantage of our generous benefits package, which includes affordable health-care options and tuition assistance for employees and their families.
We are seeking a Director of Test Development & Assessment who will provide strategic development, direction and execution of a new Testing and Assessment department. This role will balance team management and cross-functional collaboration with the development of research studies and public-facing testing and assessment product resources. Candidates require a hands-on familiarity with formative, interim, and summative assessments; solid quantitative and analytical skills; a deep understanding of K-12 core curriculum; and exceptional skills and experience with psychometric analytic tools and methods.
The position is accountable for developing and managing a department of 3-5 personnel and for tests construction and development, item development and banking, field testing, test materials and administration, scoring, data and database management, technical reporting, developing protocols, procedures, and programs for CTY. Ensures a professional testing program delivering 50,000+ tests per year and to include all aspects of the testing life cycle are undertaken with quality. This position works closely with the Associate Dean of Research, JHU School of Education, Executive Director of CTY and the Sr. Director Finance and Business Affairs at CTY.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- CTY will need a 3-phase approach to the overall testing and assessment strategy: 1) revise and re-norm the current SCAT, 2) Modify SCAT to include age groups beginning with kindergarten 3.) Develop, implement, and revise the new AI-based assessment tool based on spatial skill and creativity tests delivered in variable modalities.
- This position will be critical contributor to the success of the development and global delivery of our new assessment tools working with collaborators from the School of Education and Whiting School of Engineering.
- Responsible for developing scaling and scoring methodologies and be responsible for methodology knowledge transfer to team members.
- Responsible for developing an item bank of questions for continuous deployment, investment strategy for continuous additions and refinement overall management.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory)
- Ensure that diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism elements and strategies are built into assessment and develop metrics which will support program effectiveness.
- Managing overall delivery of assessment starting with 50,000 testers annually, growing to 100,000 over the next 5 years. Annual expected revenue $6 million.
- Develop a data and data management infrastructure, procedures, governance, protection, and release policies.
- Work with the CTY research team to provide foundational research for assessment innovation.
- Lead the Technical Advisory Committee, an external subject matter experts to review committee on protocols and findings. Meet 2-3 times a year.
- Participate and assist with additional responsibilities and projects as directed.
- PhD required and 8 to 10 years of progressively responsible hands-on assessment development, leadership, and operational management experience.
- Five to eight years' professional supervisory experience required.
- Three to five years' experience working with a senior executive team recommending and implementing best/new practices and managing change.
- Experience in an academic environment is a plus.
- International experience a plus.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expertise in psychometrics and standardized testing.
- Proficiency using statistical software and online resources to research and analyze education data.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of formative, interim and summative assessment formats, and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of national and international learning standards.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse pad and other office machinery.
- The incumbent will be required to communicate regularly via telephone and face to face with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate and timely information in these settings.
- Position also requires a degree of mobility common to working in an office environment; bending, kneeling, or standing during events and presentations may be required.
- Supervise approximately 3-5 staff including a Psychometrician, Manager of Testing Services& Operations, Manager of Data & Systems, Lead Analyst, Tech Writer (Organizational Chart attached.)
- The professional ability to act as a catalyst for change through positive energy.
- Ability to effectively articulate goals and objectives and help others to clearly understand their value.
- Proficiency in interaction with and influencing senior leaders in a highly matrixed organization.
- Critical and strategic thinking, oral/written communication, organizational and talent development, relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage change in ways that result in productive performance.
- Must be able to work effectively and independently in an environment with multiple priorities.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and work appropriately with highly sensitive information.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and must either live in the US or another area in which JHU has a business entity.
- All employees participating in or serving children in University programs must participate in mandatory Child Abuse Prevention online training on the appropriate conduct around children, protecting children from abuse and neglect, and reporting of known or suspected child abuse and neglect.
Classified Title: Director Test Development & Assessment
Working Title: Director Test Development & Assessment
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: 10000116-Research
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Director-Test-Development-&-Assessment-MD-21209/821712100/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.