Come work with us at Spencer's & Spirit Halloween, where you'll be working with the best and brightest colleagues as you help us deliver the most fun experience and product possible to our guests. We're fast-paced and take our work seriously, but we always have a good laugh at the end of the day. Walk through our stores or the halls of our corporate office and you'll see firsthand that we're laidback and irreverent. We're firm believers in being true to YOU, so tattoos and piercings are as common as watercooler convos. Whether it's critiquing our new exclusive costumes or quality testing newly implemented software technology, our teams understand the importance of working collaboratively to challenge status quo and achieve our goals. We keep pushing ourselves to go above and beyond and are looking for top talent to become a part of our team!
We seek a Social mMdia Director with proven experience building brand strategy, content and telling shareable stories for the Spencer's and Spirit Halloween brands. This role drives both brand's day-to-day social media strategy across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and emerging platforms alongside paid initiatives to increase brand health and sales. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 8+ years in social media and the retail industry. This candidate is an excellent communicator with writing experience, enthusiasm for visual and video communication, knowledge of social media reporting, listening, and engagement platforms like Sprinklr, and reporting utilities. In addition, the candidate should have experience managing online communities and a skill set that includes customer service. Our candidate should be hungry for exploration, experimentation, and a flexible, creative self-starter able to work as a conduit for multiple teams while keeping an eye on the big picture.
The position is a hyrbid role the at requires three days a week in our offices in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following, but not limited to:
- Develop, recommend and implement cohesive and innovative marketing plans and strategies for Spencer's/Spirit and share with leadership in cross-functional Consumer marketing organization spanning marketing strategy and campaign planning, advertising, and media.
- Be the 'go-to' thought leader and expert in the integration of social and brand strategy and engagement planning.
- Strategically grow and drive the social media team.
- Build and oversee an engaging brand presence on Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc. - to make thumb-stopping content.
- Manage all social media advertising platforms for both brands.
- Develop a time and action calendar for social media and mobile campaigns/programs, including creative and legal approval processes (when needed).
- Work collaboratively with Marketing, Merchandising, and E-commerce teams to ensure consistent delivery of brand message across all digital platforms.
- Measure and report growth and engagement of social media/mobile initiatives. Analyze the effectiveness of content and determine how it can inform overall business objectives.
- Oversee and produce unique content to engage our Social Media communities. Work collaboratively with photography and video teams to product content.
- Keep up to date on trends, changes, and direction of Social Media channels and activities.
- Maximize customer engagement and growth.
- Develop and execute tactics that will promote brand growth, channel health, and sales.
- Analyze Competitor's Social Media/Ecom and provide insight and information.
To be successful, an individual must have the following qualifications.
Education and/or Experience:
- Strong understanding of all social media platforms
- Excellent writing skills and strong grasp of the visual stories
- Strong self-starter who thinks on their feet to solve problems
- Ability to recommend and initiate work and projects with minimal direction
- Knowledge of platforms like Spirnklr, ShortStack, Ads Manager, and all native channels.
- Superior interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills; ability to thrive in a cross-functional, team-based environment is critical
- 8+ experience with social strategy & execution, ideally for a retail brand
- 3+ years people management, team building experience is a plus
- Effective cross-functional leader and consensus builder
- Excellent aptitude for developing and presenting big visions, meticulous plans and actionable learnings
- Proficient in social media and emerging platforms with deep knowledge and experience of marketing health and wellness related content and services
- On top of cultural and technological marco trends
- Conversant in social analytics, social listening and automation toolsBroad experience including brand identity, art direction, content strategy and development, video, and paid social media
- A love of pop culture, trends, and Halloween is a big plus
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or eight or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job has expired.