Are you passionate about air quality and leading a national team to help improve our environment? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you. Who are we? We are Montrose Environmental Group, the premier environmental services provider.
The Director of Operations position in the fast-growing real-time ambient air monitoring group at Montrose is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides operational leadership to our ambient teams across a national geography. The Director of Operations is primarily responsible for safety, quality, and technical leadership alongside of business management activities and team development.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose, we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- This role is bonus and equity eligible
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Oversee safety, health, and environmental issues involving the operations to ensure the safety of team members and to remain in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Foster a high-performance culture that embraces continuous improvement, is client focused, conducts business in the highest ethical manner and promotes inclusive behavior designed to enable each member of the team the ability to achieve personal and professional satisfaction
- Provide professional development to regional operation managers located across the USA
- Responsible for ensuring a positive culture is developed and maintained in the region.
- Provide excellent customer service and customer satisfaction to clients
- Standardize and develop processes and procedures across the various operating groups
- Ensures the team is migrated toward innovative technology, strategies and drives improvement that will generate higher efficiency and customer satisfaction, enhanced reporting and tracking capabilities and substantial return on investment.
- Work collaboratively with senior leadership to execute a strategic plan to meet national performance metrics
- Manage operations by providing cohesive leadership and direction to align with the strategic goals of the overall company vision and conform to applicable divisional and company standards
- Forecast and set Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the group to meet and/or exceed performance expectations and communicate progress towards goals on a regular basis
- Manage a divisional P&L to meet Revenue, Growth, and Profit targets/goals.
- Ensure each region is meeting project-level performance and profitability
- Control expenses by monitoring various financial reports, establishing expenditure guidelines and approving expenditures to achieve budgeted levels of a profitable operation
- Prepare annual budgets in coordination with Senior Vice President
- Accurately project the division's monthly financial performance and create and implement action plans to improve, if needed
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- 5+ years of ambient monitoring experience preferred
- 5+ years of relevant management experience with a quantifiable record of achievement in the development and execution of strategic and tactical programs that consistently meet objectives
- Strong financial management experience with P&L and balance sheet responsibility, with ability to identify risks and develop action plans to correct or improve operational elements such as budget
- Strong problem-solving skills to develop solutions to complex and multi-disciplined issues
- Demonstrated ability to operate strategically at a high-level, while remaining involved in the day-to-day tactical operations
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment and work collaboratively with all functional support areas i.e. HR, Safety, Quality, Finance, Sales, Marketing, IT, etc.
- Passion for energizing a broad, dispersed team with capability of getting results through others
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability/willingness to travel
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve. We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities
This job has expired.