Title: Director I - Director of Manufacturing
Overall Coordination of all plant operations and processes to optimize the use of all resources and equipment in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals.
1. Coordinate communication between assigned departments and shifts.
2. Provides feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding expectations defined.
3. Ensure the maintenance of all production equipment.
4. Continuously evaluates plant processes, being the driving force behind continuous improvement and cost reduction.
5. Develop and lead strategic plan for plant operations.
6. Designate and Lead initiatives for Lean and Six-Sigma Plan and coordinate department's activities to support SQDC targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customer's expectations.
7. Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
8. Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
9. Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
10. Provide communication on company and plant expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
11. Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, mission, CITE principles.
12. Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
13. Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve SQDC goals.
14. Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
15. Promotes professional growth of PLT
16. Support and represent company as a union-free environment
17. Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
18. Role model CITE and Working in Teams principles
19. Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
Will supervise and lead the Plant Management Team. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports and salaried team members. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
· All Plant Processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
· Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Business Management/Operations, or related discipline MBA a plus; extensive work experience may be considered in lieu of education.
· Minimum of 10 years of manufacturing experience
· Minimum of 10 years of leadership and management experience; multiple departments
· Must have experience in Lean Manufacturing
· Six Sigma training is a plus.
· Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred - Outlook-Word-Excel.
· Track record of successful project management.
· Experience in working in a team environment.
· Management style must be consistent with CITE Principles.
· Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and financial reports. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to production team, plant level team, or public groups.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication or division to basic manufacturing performance recording or financial performance recording. Ability to read and use a tape measure.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Typical indoor/outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection may be required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel is required. Occasional weekend work required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled