Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years. Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving organization and yet we have never been more focused - on our mission, on our people, and on our future. It's always a GOOD day in SoCal!
The Director Leadership Development and Inclusion partners with the HR Leadership team to ensure DEI efforts seamlessly integrate into Goodwill's processes. Through leadership training strategies and DEI efforts, the Director drives leadership talent development, improves high potential employee retention, and increases cross-functional teamwork. The Director also designs and executes Leadership development curriculum and programs to strengthen Goodwill's Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) goals and to quickly mature our diverse leaders to help them reach their top potential. The Director brings best-in-class approach to learning strategy, content development, instructional design and training delivery, and line leader curriculum. This is currently a hybrid position, requiring two days a week in-person at our Los Angeles Campus (near Dodger Stadium). Goodwill Southern California greatly values our employees' health and well-being. Per company Policy, all our employees are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid 19.
- Develop and implement organization-wide leadership training programs, spanning all departments, to drive the Goodwill's Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts, improve high potential retention, improve leadership skills and enhance high performance teams.
- Collaborate with the DEI Leadership Council to work on council's initiatives, which touch on Human Resources' disciplines. Contribute learning content for employee newsletter, creating an 18-month cultural article plan, regularly supply DEI content, recognizing and celebrating the diversity of Goodwill SoCal.
- Design and implement impactful mentoring and talent nurturing programs. These include Board and Director Mentoring program curriculum and kick-off. Facilitate training sessions for mentors to improve High Potential skills and retention. Create and drive Job Coach nurturing program to ensure Job Coaches are engaged and are performing their best.
- Conduct confidential 360 feedback assessments and other aptitude available assessments to improve employee self-awareness and grow leadership skills. Provide ongoing coaching to Director and line manager level Ambassadors that supports their increased ability to drive an efficient business while engaging, coaching and developing their employees.
- Design, plan & facilitate Hi-Potential Leadership Cohorts, including elements of coaching & feedback for staff and teams' development which encourages self-reflection into their leadership style.
- Lead Affirmative Action Plan Goal Setting Process by collaborating with area directors and HR leadership team to develop actionable goals and follow-up on gaps. Provide support by checking talent reviews to ensure we are cultivating talent of all backgrounds.
- Create training programs using strong project management skills to create structure around timeline management, content development, training execution and training outcomes. Implement post- training modifications based upon participant feedback and training results. Develop and maintain training-tracking metrics and reporting.
- Collaborate with multiple-disciplinary leaders to understand business trends and requirements, analyze organizational development needs, develop and implement learning strategies and programs at individual and team levels. Determine the best instructional methods for training initiatives by working closely with internal clients to maximize effectiveness and costs.
- Co-lead task force creation of Structured Interview Guides to ensure equal playing field. Support execution of initiative by training structured interviewing course to ensure managers correctly adopt selection tools, which avoid bias in selection.
- Teach line level programs including RISE Class Last Chance Class on Behavior" teaching our entry level Ambassadors better behavior for success.
- Conducts training, coaches employee-instructors on training & facilitation techniques. Develop and modify other training materials for new initiatives based on problem analysis and process improvement. Writes training curriculum and collaborates on new content as needed.
- Collaborates with Director of Recruitment & Talent Management and Director of Employee Relations on touchpoints to functional training curriculum, talent reviews, and talent processes. Collaborates with other HR professionals on DEI efforts into various sub-disciplines.
- Frequent travel within Southern California will be required 25-50%. A valid CA driver's license and state-required auto insurance necessary. Driving records must be acceptable by company's insurance vendor.
- During hybrid period, 2 days a week in-person at our corporate office located at our 342 N. San Fernando Blvd headquarters in LA.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required; Human Resources Degree preferred.
- Professional in Human Resources - California (PHR-CA) required; SPHR-CA preferred.
- Minimum 7+ years' related HR experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Federal and California legalities regarding EEO, Affirmative Action and recruiting processes required.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the organization- from Board to line supervisor.
- Track record of executing training curriculum geared toward building leadership capabilities. 3+ years hands-on experience creating leadership level training.
- Strong consulting skills with a client-focused mind-set; building relationships and collaboration
- Seasoned facilitator, adept at thinking on feet and managing training room.
- Excellent writing skills. Light analysis capabilities.
- Proven ability to think creatively and effectively problem solve.
- A high level of discretion and confidentiality; Inspire trust.
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders. Interacts with Goodwill Southern California President & CEO, and the Chair of DEI Committee of the Board and DEI Council on DEI initiatives.
- Experience in managing employee relations issues within a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Ability to work independently to prioritize and achieve results
- Proven player-coach with demonstrated history of driving and creating content.
- Strong PC skills geared toward creating training curriculum and tracking results, including MS Office Suite, PowerPoint, HRIS and LMS skills.
- COVID vaccination required.
Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: [ Link Removed ]
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Goodwill is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.
Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disabilities
In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or applicant.
It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a disability.
This job has expired.