Director, HR Business Partner- Insurance
Everest Global Services, Inc.
It's an exciting time for Everest Group, Ltd. ('Everest' or 'the Group')! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets. Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
We are currently seeking a Director, HR Business Partner to join our Human Resources Team to help Everest stand out when it comes to our people. This role encompasses a diverse range of tasks and responsibilities, offering a dynamic and multifaceted work experience. This position will be based in Warren, NJ, New York City or Chicago, IL working a hybrid schedule of 3 days in the office, 2 days remote.
Why Join Us
Everest is a dynamic global reinsurance and P&C insurance organization, ranked within the top ten P&C insurers in the world. Highly diversified, Everest delivers innovative solutions to clients helping them achieve their goals and manage their risks while providing a stable portfolio for our shareholders. We can attribute much of our success for functioning more like a small company, in a disciplined environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Combining the financial stability usually associated with large organizations with the creativity and flexibility of smaller ones, Everest creates the ideal blend.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Strategic Business Partnership: Act as a trusted advisor, coach and consultant to leaders and management to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insights and business/talent performance.
- Contributes to the creation of programs that support business strategy and drive higher levels of employee performance and engagement.
- Partners closely with leaders to opine on workforce planning efforts and organizational design and effectiveness strategies that create a robust, specific and scalable approach to growing our people and support our business strategy.
- Leverages analytics to help the business grow, engage, develop and retain talent and stay ahead of internal/external people and culture trends and dynamics.
- Acts as a people and culture champion and a change agent as needed.
- Develops relationships deep and wide through the business to enable insights on the pulse of the organization.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; performance management; talent management and development; culture; diversity, equity and inclusion; and organizational design consultation.
- Executes on performance improvement plans, employee relations investigations, terminations, organization restructurings etc.
- Supports and executes on annual compensation efforts ensuring appropriate pay for performance philosophy and pay equity practices are applied consistently.
- Develops and cultivates relationships across our HR Business Partners and HR Centers of Excellence to proactively design, develop, implement, communicate, and execute people and culture strategies and programs.
- Fosters an inclusive culture using tools/resources to mitigate for unconscious biases, role modeling self-awareness and openness, and coaching leaders.
- Supports enterprise-wide initiatives around attraction and retention of diverse talent.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of human capital, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with in-house counsel as needed/required.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree and/or PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- 8-10+ years of professional-level experience as a HR Business Partner
- Experience supporting an insurance or reinsurance organization is a plus
- Proven strong foundation and knowledge of principles & practice of HR including employment law & compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational design, talent development, performance management, organizational effectiveness, and change leadership.
- Ability to effectively influence at a senior level and inspire confidence through timely, thorough and accurate delivery of information, and creative/strategic solutions that address business needs.
- Proactive in making recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues.
- Proven ability to be resilient, effectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize, strong interpersonal skills and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently with tight deadlines and demonstrate proactive follow through.
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Incumbent should be analytical, and technologically savvy, with strong experience in Microsoft Office and ability to grasp new applications quickly. Experience with Workday a plus. Strong experience with Excel desired.
At Everest, our purpose is to provide the world with protection. We help clients and businesses thrive, fuel global economies, and create sustainable value for our colleagues, shareholders and the communities that we serve. We also pride ourselves on having a unique and inclusive culture which is driven by a unified set of values and behaviors. Click here to learn more about our culture.
Our Values are the guiding principles that inform our decisions, actions and behaviors. They are an expression of our culture and an integral part of how we work: Talent. Thoughtful assumption of risk. Execution. Efficiency. Humility. Leadership. Collaboration. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Our Colleague Behaviors define how we operate and interact with each other no matter our location, level or function: Respect everyone. Pursue better. Lead by example. Own our outcomes. Win together.
All colleagues are held accountable to upholding and supporting our values and behaviors across the company. This includes day to day interactions with fellow colleagues, and the global communities we serve.
For NYC only: The base salary range for this position is $140,000 - $180,000 annually. The offered rate of compensation will be based on individual education, experience, qualifications and work location.
Chicago, IL - South Riverside, New York, NY
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at email@example.com.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.