Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at www.astellas.com.
This position is based in Northbrook, Illinois. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas' Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
To define and implement a common global approach to enterprise-wide Change Management for Astellas. To lead, oversee, and own ultimate accountability for large scale, corporate-wide change projects to support transformations, reorganizations or new process implementations. To educate HR and Business managers in change management theory and practice and consult where needed on Division level change projects.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
The Director of Change Management will:
* Develop a common global standard for change management processes and tools utilized on an enterprise-wide basis.
* Build and apply a structured methodology and toolkit to drive change management activities
* Train HR and Business managers in the methodology and tools so that they can lead change projects independently
* Lead change management projects on a global and enterprise-wide scale
* Design overall change strategy in alignment with overall implementation plan
* Conduct assessments, stakeholder, and impact analyses to direct change management plans
* Design the change management solutions appropriate to create readiness as well as execute and sustain the change successfully
* Create the integrated change plan with the overall project/ implementation plan
* Collaborates with key partners in Communications and Training and other Organizational Functions to deliver change solutions
* Works closely with Communications to develop communication plan and communication deliverables
* Works closely with Training to develop training strategies and plans; possibly providing input to training content
* Works with other corporate functions or the PMO to create integration of change solutions across the total implementation plan
* Consults on Division level change management projects
* Consults with HR or Business Managers on the overall change strategy
* Provides input and high-level review of change solutions
* Can share referrals to external change management subject matter experts if needed
This role reports to the Sr. Director, Global Head of Talent, Performance & Change Management. The role will direct activities of the Associate Director of Change Management. The role will have oversight for global enterprise-wide change processes, and therefore, will interact with a variety of regional and global stakeholders within HR and the business.
* 10+ years of Change Management experience
* 5+ years of experience leading teams and individuals
* Relevant degree (I/O Psychology, MBA, Org Behavior, Org Development, HR, etc.)
* Experience with large-scale global organizational change efforts
* Proven experience in developing and deploying global Change Management practices
* Deep understanding and experience in employing PROSCI, ADKAR, and/or other Change Management methodologies and tools
* Proven experience of working in a global matrix organization. Managing cultural sensitivity when leading and managing change in various environments, cultures, and organizations
* Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others; able to work effectively at all levels in the organization
* Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, and excellent active listening skills; ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
* Ability to partner strategically on business issues with clients; effective influencing and consulting skills; politically savvy
* Demonstrated independence, self-motivation, analytical, problem-solving skills, and initiative to achieve desired outcomes
* Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
* Fluent in written and verbal business English
* Relevant advanced degree (Master's level or PhD)
* Pharmaceutical or Life Science industry experience
* PROSCI or ACMP Certification
* Working knowledge of applicable employment laws, labor regulations, and other legal requirements as needed
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
Astellas is committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!