The Director, Analysis and Simulation will lead corporate efforts to improve the speed, quality, and efficiency of Vertiv engineering through the use of a variety of simulation and analysis capabilities. This position will report directly to VP, Global Engineering Shared Services (GESS), and will be responsible for developing the tools, processes, and teams needed to support the simulation and analytics needs of the overall Vertiv engineering organization. Responsibilities will include supporting the company's existing computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and finite element analysis (FEA) capabilities, as well as expanding the scope of the analysis organization to include capabilities for electrical & electronic simulation, rapid prototyping, UI prototyping, digital twins, and other related technologies.
The Director, Analysis and Simulation will interact directly with the LoB Leaders and Engineering Leads to identify the needs of each business and will work with them to establish the appropriate business cases to evaluate proposed investments in simulation and analysis tools and teams. This person will bring in knowledge of the state of the art and of industry best practices for the use of software-based tools to accelerate time-to-market and to improve design robustness.
Residence in (or willingness to relocate to) the Columbus, OH area is preferred. Residence in or near Lorain, OH; Huntsville, AL; or Ft. Lauderdale, FL may be considered.
- Lead a team consisting of one manager and 10 engineers (indirect reports based in Pune, India), although that team can be expected to grow significantly over the next two years, potentially including regionally-located resources in the Americas and EMEA. Given the close interaction that is expected with Vertiv corporate leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring that the simulation and analysis teams meet corporate performance expectations and will actively track their success in supporting committed SLAs and aligning with target KPIs.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a culture of quality, actively tracking measures of product quality, and working with the team to address any shortcomings.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining a positive, productive relationship with a large number of groups across Vertiv, including Line of Business (LoB) leaders, LoB engineering teams, the CTO office, Sales, HR, Finance, IT, and Operations. He / she also may need to work extensively with external institutions, including tools vendors, standards bodies, certification labs, and academic institutions. As such, he / she must be prepared to represent Vertiv in a professional and positive manner while engaging as a technical expert on a variety of topics related to simulation and analysis.
The successful candidate will embrace Vertiv's Core Principals & Behaviors to help execute our Strategic Priorities. OUR CORE PRINCIPALS
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline is required; Master's degree is preferred. A doctorate in engineering or an MBA would be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in managing engineering organizations.
- Minimum 5 years of design engineering experience, with a strong preference for experience in industrial or data center power or cooling products.
- Demonstrated expertise in the application and use of simulation and analysis tools, ideally including at least one of the following: Ansys, Six Sigma, Fluent, TileFlow, Matlab, Spice.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple simultaneous projects, including both planned development efforts and ongoing product maintenance.
- Design experience with complex mechanical or electrical systems, with at least a general understanding of the key considerations of the other discipline.
- Solid understanding of full product lifecycle management.
- A basic understanding of electronic design concepts, including processor and memory subsystem structure, is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Lean and Six Sigma concepts is required. Formal DFx training or a Six Sigma Green Belt is advantageous.
- Demonstrated understanding of business operation is required, with demonstrated success in managing team and project budgets.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel as needed, both domestically and internationally. Travel commitments of up to 25% of business days may be required.
- Residence in (or willingness to relocate to) the Columbus, OH area is preferred. Residence in or near Lorain, OH; Huntsville, AL; or Ft. Lauderdale, FL may be considered.
: Safety. Integrity. Respect. Teamwork. Diversity & Inclusion. OUR STRATEGIC PRIORITIES
• Customer Focus
• Operational Excellence
• High-Performance Culture
• Financial Strength OUR BEHAVIORS
• Own It
• Act With Urgency
• Foster a Customer-First Mindset
• Think Big and Execute
• Lead by Example
• Drive Continuous Improvement
• Learn and Seek Out DevelopmentAbout Vertiv
Vertiv is a $5.0 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers' vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
This job has expired.