At Resource Label Group, we are a full service manufacturer of custom label design and printing for a wide range of industries. With full-scale capabilities coast-to-coast and 22 locations across North America, we are dedicated to delivering cutting-edge label printing with a national reach and local touch.
As Resource Label Group continues to grow, we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team! Every person in our company contributes to our success. We offer an employee centric, collaborative culture that is technology driven and focused on delivering valuable, creative solutions. Our core values embody the way we interact with each other just as it influences the way we interact with clients.
We are currently recruiting for a Digicon Press Operator /Series 3 Omega Operator. The Digicon Press Operator sets up and operates the Digicon Omega Series printing press to produce pressure sensitive labels and related products.
This position offers onsite training and the opportunity to learn a valuable skilled trade in the printing industry. Employees will have unlimited growth potential and the chance to advance their careers.
LOCATION AND HOURS OF WORK Typical hours for this position: 1st Shift, Monday through Friday, 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM. This is a full-time position.
- Produce high quality labels to meet the job specifications outlined on the label order to match customer standards
- Inputs data including time and materials used into job management software
- Reads job order and loads jobs into press
- Inserts shaft through core and secures roll on the press in feed position
- Splices end of roll to stock remaining on press and adjusts tension and feed as directed
- Starts Digcon press, adjusting speed and alignment of stock to the print cylinder as necessary
- Adjusts printing impression as necessary
- Inspects for imperfections and makes adjustments as necessary
- Communicates job specific information or changes to the supervisor in a timely manner to minimize production downtime
- Report any production or press issues to supervisor in a timely manner
- Keeps inventory usage accurate at all times
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly maintenance as required
- Keeps work areas clear and organized; maintains housekeeping standards
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of three years or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two year of previous experience operating a press in a printing environment, preferably a Digicon press
- Film and Paper Lamination and Die-cutting
- Water base and U.V. coating and spot color printing
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Must be able to read and interpret ruler, scales and other measurement devices.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and frequently is required to walk
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with or without mechanical assistance
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- May also participate in vendor sponsored training programs
Why work with us? Take a look at all we have to offer!
- Comprehensive and competitive medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Excellent 401(k) retirement plan with generous company contribution
- Eight paid holidays a year in addition to paid time off that increases with tenure
- Short term & long term disability along with company paid life insurance
- We pride ourselves in investing in our employees by offering onsite training and the ability to have unlimited growth potential within our organization
- We believe in rewarding our employees with performance-based salary increases.
Check out this video to learn more about us! https://vimeo.com/553408937/659ab4290f
This job has expired.