Location: West Melbourne, FL
Judge Healthcare is currently seeking a Nurse Manager for one of our top healthcare clients in the Melbourne area.
- Location: Melbourne, FL 32901
- Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm
- Job Type: Permanent role
- Notes: 5-10% travel required
Under the general direction of the Director of Clinical Services, the Nurse Manager is responsible and accountable for the management of the Nursing Unit. The Nurse Manager is the facility manager and Alternate C.E.O. in the absence of the C.E.O and will plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate patient care, and staff assigned. They will be responsible for supervision of staff following plan of care and the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the unit. The Nurse Manager will also carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. This induvial will also hold additional responsibilities such as interviewing, planning, assigning, and directing work appraising performance as well as supervision of infection control practices for best practice and staff following P&P.Essential Duties
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Assesses the status of patients directly or indirectly, based on information supplied by other staff or by personal observation.
- Provides for total patient care by coordinating activities of all members of health team.
- Prepares patient and staff schedules, assigns staff as needed to cover patient care.
- Provides directly or indirectly educational instruction on equipment, policies and/or procedures.
- Maintains directly or indirectly a safe work environment
- Interprets and adheres to the policies and procedures of and relays them to staff in a positive manner.
- Conducts surveys and studies to evaluate and improve the quality of patient care.
- Prepares periodic reports that compare unit supervised to state and/or national statistical data to maintain standards in delivery of care and improve quality of care.
- Assists with establishment of and responsibility for maintenance of budget.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Associate's degree (A.S.) or BSN preferred.
- Has at least 12 months experience in clinical nursing and an additional six months experience in nursing care of the patient with permanent kidney failure or undergoing kidney transplant, including training in and experience with the dialysis process; or, has 18 months of experience in nursing care of the patient with a kidney transplant, including training in the dialysis process.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a leadership position.
- Must be dependable, reliable, flexible, and function well under stress.
- Must be capable of handling a code situation.
- Current Florida R.N. license.
- Completion of BLS, and /or ACLS, and/or PALS
If you'd be interested in this role and learning more please email me at SMedhanie@judge.com, or call my direct line at (972) 996-0936 for immediate consideration.Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com