JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our five international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information, please visit www.jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Supports and maintains the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of JDRF. Understands the strategic direction and purpose of the organization and supports the Chapter's fundraising strategies and business needs.
- In collaboration with the Development Director, partners with donors, committees, and constituents to both renew and secure new support through event fundraising management including sponsorships, table/ticket sales, Fund A Cure, auction, and support for the Chapter's largest fundraising event, the One Night Gala.
- Serves as a key staff member in implementing event logistics and vendor relations for the One Night Gala and ensures that the budget/timelines are developed and executed.
- Ensures that all deliverables are met according to an event's donor/sponsorship agreement.
- Manages the execution of all Signature Events stewardship communications.
- Develops and maintains high-level expertise in multiple databases and certifies accurate recording of donor information. Creates, updates, and revises as needed to maximize efficiency and effective tracking of the donor pipeline.
- Assists in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships within the T1D community as an integral part of volunteer and donor prospect development and engagement with JDRF.
- Helps formulate and implement strategies and tactics for Chapter fundraising and development activities to sustain continued growth, maximum penetration of core market areas, and opportunities for expansion, where appropriate.
- Maintains a solid understanding of JDRF's mission and research efforts.
- Supports other fundraising events, chapter activities, and programs as assigned.
About the Chapter:
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including 2 years in fundraising and development.
- Experience with event planning logistics, vendor relations, volunteer management, and committee development.
- Must be a self-starter while also being collaborative, enjoy working on a team, and adaptable. Sense of humor is a plus!
- Ability to interface with all levels of staff and volunteers and demonstrate an 'all hands-on deck' demeanor.
- Experience with computer systems and databases. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with Salesforce, WordPress, Greater Giving, Convio/Luminate, and Canva preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Active listening, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively multi-task, establish priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment. Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure. Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel within Chapter footprint.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required as needed.
JDRF's Greater New England Chapter plays a vital role in the organization's success. The Chapter currently includes a staff team of 12, a Community Board of Directors, and volunteer leaders who are actively engaged and passionate supporters of JDRF. Our Chapter proudly serves Maine, eastern Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Target Salary: $69,600Essential Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and infrequently up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Additional information:
To protect the health and safety of our staff, employees, regardless of position, are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot (excluding states where prohibited). Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce.
JDRF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job has expired.