The Development Coordinator, Intercollegiate Athletics will help advance the mission of Miami University by assisting with the events and day-to-day operations of the Athletic Development Office with the goal to generate/increase revenues, enhance the game day experience, and improve events and hospitality efforts. The position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
The Division of University Advancement at Miami University is looking for new team members who want to impact the lives and experiences of our students through philanthropy. Miami University is a public university founded in 1809 with over 220,000 alumni and 20,000 enrolled students. These students major in over 120 different fields of study. With its close proximity to the city of Cincinnati coupled with a nationally recognized excellence in undergraduate education there is a significant opportunity to increase all measures of support from alumni, friends, and corporate and foundation partners. As the university looks to embark upon its next comprehensive campaign, a robust and high functioning development team will play a critical role in the success of that effort.
In alignment with Miami University's statement on Diversity and Inclusion, University Advancement is committed to and fully embraces the philosophy and belief that a diverse community is among an institution's greatest strengths. The Division of University Advancement is committed to creating an inclusive work environment where all people feel safe, valued, and respected. To view our full statement including our specific commitments, please visit our website: miamialum.org/DEI_statement.
* Lead successful execution of Athletic Development events, specifically focusing on enhancing revenue generating events and sport alumni weekends
* Collaborate with sport liaisons and coaching staffs to coordinate all sport alumni events/weekend to lead all communication and execution of those events
* Develop standardized processes to ensure efficiency and success of events
* Perform daily development office operations
* Assist with external communication and social media efforts for the Miami Athletic Fund (i.e. e-Newsletter, Website, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
* Assist with the coordination of marketing materials, including brochures, renewals, and other printed materials
* Assist with the coordination of donor-based seating and parking in collaboration with the ticketing office, Aspire Group and marketing team
* Assist and direct special projects, including phone-a-thons, loyalty point calculations, family welcome packets, etc.
* Work collaboratively with the Annual Giving office to lead the annual giving strategy for the Athletic Development office
* Serve as liaison from Athletic Development to Alumni Association and other University Divisions to help expand connectivity between athletic events and alumni nationwide
* Other duties as assigned by the Associate Athletic Director & Senior Director of Development
Bachelor's degree conferred by first date of employment. Minimum 1 year of professional experience, volunteer work may be counted toward this requirement.
Previous athletic development, events, ticketing, or marketing experience. Athletic donor database management experience (i.e. NeuLion, Paciolan, Banner, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Exhibit outstanding customer service, including strong organizational, written, and verbal skills. Willingness to travel and the ability to attend evening and weekend events. Must be able to adhere to NCAA, conference, and institutional policies and procedures.
Miami University is committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, research, and working environment for all.
For more information on Miami University's diversity initiatives, please visit the Office of Institutional Diversity & Inclusion webpage. For more information on Miami University's mission and core values, please visit the Mission and Core Values webpage.
EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@miamioh.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University's commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.
Labor Law Posters for Applicants:
Miami University is committed to providing up-to-date information from the Department of Labor to our applicants for employment. Here, you will find links to the current information regarding the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), and the Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
Posted about 1 hour ago
Salisbury, North Carolina
Posted 31 minutes ago
Posted 25 minutes ago