Design Technician (Electrical)
Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at KenMor Electric Company! KenMor Electric Company is an electrical contractor with proven expertise on large-scale construction projects. Its management team guides clients through all phases of planning, design, construction and project management for commercial, industrial and institutional markets. KenMor\u0027s work ranges from office buildings and multiuse developments to schools, hospitals and light industrial plants.
- Using Revit/AutoCAD Software, prepare BIM Models of electrical systems.
- Assisting in the design and detailing of electrical systems.
- Reviewing and analyzing the project documents and identifying drawing and specification conflict, insufficient information, and missing dimensions while contributing ideas to enhance project productivity and cost efficiency.
- Assisting in the evaluation and coordination of material requirements with field supervisors.
- Attending project meetings to resolve technical coordination issues and initiate and track RFIs
- Notifying project management of changes that might impact material and labor costs.
- Ensuring duplication and delivery of up-to-date drawings and instructions to the job site
- Recording, updating, and maintaining RFI, Product Submittal, and drawing logs.
- Ensuring efficient inventory control and storage of shop drawings and contract documents.
- Completed coursework or an equivalent combination of training and/or work experience reading electrical drawings and performing computer-aided design utilizing Revit/AutoCAD software.
- An electrical journeyman license is a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical systems.
- Strong mathematical and visualization skills
- Advanced PC skills, specifically in a Windows environment, including collecting and analyzing data in Excel and creating documents and preparing correspondence in Outlook, and Word
KenMor Electric is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.