Compensation: $30.00 hourly
Performs professional dental care in the field of dental hygiene including all related clinical procedures. Has broad responsibilities for clinical and community dental health education activities.
- Graduation from an accredited dental hygiene school. Hold a valid license to practice dental hygiene in Missouri.
- Ability to reach, stoop, walk and lift 25 lbs. Adequate vision.
- Provides oral prophylaxis including instruction for proper home care techniques for oral hygiene. Provides oral screening and evaluation of patients regarding caries detection, periodontal pathology, medical history, exposing, processing and mounting of radiographs. Provides supra and sub-gingival scaling and curettage, root planning, and procedures involving team periodontal surgical techniques.
- Performs duties where qualified, as delegated by dentist and governed by state law. Primarily responsible for the initiation and maintenance of the dental prevention and dental education program.
- Maintains patient’s record of treatment. Assists patients in completing medical history statements. Records oral conditions of teeth and surrounding tissues, progress and therapy notes, appointments, and the number of patients treated and type of treatment administered.
- Exposes and processes radiographs on patients including bitewing, periapical, occlusal, and panoramic X-ray. Selects type of radiograph that will be necessary for patient’s mouth.
- Responsible for the cleaning and sterilization of instruments and disinfecting equipment and work areas. Maintains a number of recurring reports, including those concerning patients, materials and equipment. Assists the rest of the dental team in expediting patient care whenever possible.
- Presents lectures and demonstrations in oral health care to various patient groups. Seeks professional continuing education in order to improve or maintain knowledge, skills and abilities in order to provide efficient, effective and appropriate dental care to patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned which are appropriate for position quality care improvement, and program requirements
- Knowledge of oral anatomy, oral physiology and histology, the principles and techniques of preventive dentistry, and the dental instruments and materials to perform a variety of specialized prophylactic and preventive dental hygiene procedures including root planning and curettage.
- Knowledge of oral pathology and periodontology sufficient to recognize a variety of abnormal conditions and provide the necessary prophylactic and therapeutic and dental hygiene treatment.
- Knowledge of medical diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease as they relate to the care and treatment of the teeth in order to perform chairside prophylaxis, and provide therapeutic dental hygiene procedures and home care instruction to patients.
- Skill in performing specialized prophylactic and preventive dental hygiene procedures.
- Skill in providing individual and group oral health care instructions to patients, families, agency staff and other interested parties in order to practice effective oral hygiene techniques.
- Knowledge of procedures and materials for taking, and digitizing radiographs.
- Knowledge and skill to operate, adjust, maintain and clean dental equipment, instruments and materials.
• Demonstrates professional commitment to providing services to underserved persons
• Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software
Dental Hygienist in the state of Missouri required
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.