Compensation: $13.60-$17.60/per hour DOE
Tuesday - Friday 7:45am-6:15pm
Main purpose is to perform duties that assist the dentist, hygienists and other assistants in the care and treatment of patients. Performs duties in the field of reception, chairside assisting, sterilization, inventory and records.
"High School Diploma Less than 5 years of experience in the field. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Computer literate in electronic mail, word processing, and office management system software. BLS certification or ability to obtain Has a commitment to service and personal excellence. Is team oriented and values diversity."
1) Educate/Promote oral health through presentations in local schools, civic organizations, community programs and various others entities
2) Promote and implement the Preventive Services Program(PSP) in local schools
1) Review of health history.
2) Dental charting.
3) Take dental radiographs.
4) Perform infection control and sterilization procedures.
5) Educate patients about appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; (tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling).
6) Counsel patients about nutrition and its impact on oral health.
7) Assist dentist with the following aspects of dentistry: oral surgery, restorative, prosthodontics, endodontics, and preventive.
8) Other duties as assigned
Although driving is not an essential function of the position, a valid license and agency established minimum automobile coverage are required in the event the employee drives during the course of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms and hands; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities of the position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.