Decision Analyst is an entry level position reporting into the Advanced Analytics department that serves as an analytical modeling resource to the HBI Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain functions. This position works under direct supervision to project assignments that include designing, engineering, developing, documenting, and reporting analytic efforts. The incumbent will leverage existing automated analytical tools and capabilities developed by the Advanced Analytics department to support broader corporate initiatives.
Incumbent works both independently and collaboratively to prepare comprehensive analysis and business cases using both advanced analytical software and techniques that may include: big data posturing, descriptive and predictive modeling, time series modeling, pattern identification, segmentation, regression analysis, and prescriptive machine learning techniques. Incumbent will assist with the development of business cases that credibly communicate analytical results to many levels of the organization, across all functional areas. Applications of incumbent's work will support actions to grow sales, reduce costs across the supply chain, and target the increase of free cash flow.
Analytical Reporting and Modeling
- Accurately develops analytic models to describe, classify, quantify, or predict business metrics for the purpose of supporting data driven decision making.
- Provides ad-hoc data analysis, reporting, and special projects in support of requests from both internal and external stakeholders of the team.
- Interprets business requirements and translates to analytical objectives pertaining to active initiatives.
- Identifies required data sources and required data posturing needs to meet analytical objectives.
- Sufficiently explores data structures and processes to ensure analytic quality.
- Follows up with Information Technology counterparts on any data quality issues.
- Creates and thoroughly tests essential reports and data visualizations prior to publishing.
- Provides report automation and delivery.
- Performs other analysis as required.
- Performs root cause analysis on business problems while providing recommendations in a timely manner.
- Uses project management skills in conjunction with analytics expertise to consistently deliver actionable insights within deadlines.
- Clearly documents analytic work and results through preparation of statistics, charts, reports, and presentations.
- Effectively communicates results with evidence of cause and effect as it relates to business requirements.
- Credibly communicates with business stakeholders various levels of the organization.
- Interfaces with HBI functional areas (stakeholders) on technical issues associated with analytic model credibility requirements.
- Work is checked through consultation and agreement with stakeholders and in conjunction with formal review by Advanced Analytics management.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Analytics, Engineering, Statistics, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, Economics, or related field
- 0-2 years of experience in relevant analytic modeling or data science
- Demonstrated use of some of the following tools: Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/ETS, R, Python, KNIME, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, Oracle Crystal Ball
- Mastery of MS Office tools is required
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of some or all of the following: multivariate regression, time series (forecasting), pattern identification, segmentation, logistic regression, decision trees, optimization, Monte Carlo or discrete-event simulation, unstructured data analysis, and predictive or prescriptive modeling techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Knowledge of manipulating, cleansing, aggregating, and compiling analytic data
- Knowledge of relational databases including ability to write SQL
- Knowledge of Lean/6 Sigma
- Basic Foreign Language Skills
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
This job has expired.