As a Data Scientist Intern at Meta, you will shape the future of people-facing and business-facing products we build across our entire family of applications (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Oculus). By applying your technical skills, analytical mindset, and product intuition to one of the richest data sets in the world, you will help define the experiences we build for billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses around the world. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and others. You will use data and analysis to identify and solve product development's biggest challenges. You will influence product strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, and collaborate with other teams. Product leadership: You will use data to shape product development, quantify new opportunities, identify upcoming challenges, and ensure the products we build bring value to people, businesses, and Meta. Analytics: You will focus on developing hypotheses and employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, different methodologies, frameworks, and technical approaches to test them.Communication and influence: You won't simply present data, but tell data-driven stories.
Data Scientist Intern, Product Analytics Responsibilities:
- Perform large-scale data analysis to extract useful business insights.
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by communicating results to cross-functional groups.
- Work closely with a Product Manager and Engineering team to proactively create rules and manage decisions.
- Classify leads so that the teams work on the most valuable cases.
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team and/or build 0->1 convictions on new initiatives. Model solutions around what delivers long-run user value to our users
- Currently is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, a relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R).
- Intent to return to a degree-program after the completion of the internship.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.