The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs", the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Instruments Incorporated is seeking a Data Scientist, located in Piscataway, New Jersey to support our U.S. Scientific business segment.
HORIBA Scientific offers 200 years of experience in developing high-performance scientific instrument and analytical solutions for life sciences, material sciences, water, energy and many other applications.
You are a Data Scientist whose focus is developing and deploying multivariate chemometric workflows in a way that promotes automation appropriate for industrial applications. This is a two-pronged effort: 1) to create guided workflows for method development; and 2) create a structure for automated implementation of existing methods. The final step is translating those results into reports that our customers understand and find useful. The focus will be on current and future HORIBA Scientific target markets, with an emphasis on Life Science applications of Raman and Fluorescence products initially.
- Work with product development, marketing, and R&D teams to design, develop and deploy advanced analytics, multivariate analysis, predictive and chemometric models.
- Develop data science pipelines and prototype analysis tools. Apply programming capabilities and advanced chemometric techniques to analysis and interpretation of large data sets.
- Creation of a guided workflow to simplify method development.
- Ensure algorithms employed can be seamlessly integrated into new and existing HORIBA Scientific software products. Algorithm code should follow similar coding standard and quality process as the production source code.
- Maintain awareness of relevant state-of-the-art technologies and knowledge relevant to data science and analytical chemistry. Identify opportunities to improve and automate procedures, protocols and systems.
- Develop technology concepts and guide selection of technology tools.
- Deliver quality technical presentations, internally and externally, advocate leading innovative concepts within industry and academic community.
- Masters/Doctoral degree (or demonstrably equivalent experience) with 5+ years' experience in analytical instrument development and multivariate statistical methods in the field of analytical/bioanalytical chemistry.
- Candidate must have a strong background in math, chemometrics, data science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, computational mathematics and statistical methodologies with the ability to understand and apply multivariate methods.
- Hands on and theoretical experience in commercial Product Development.
- Excellent Matlab/C/C++ skills or equivalent for algorithm development and rapid prototyping proof of concept.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for development of software required by the Pharmaceutical Industry: GMP and 21CFRp11.
- Excellent communication skills, i.e., capable of communicating complex ideas efficiently
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
- Skills: Leadership, influencing, critical thinking and decision-making, effective communication, customer focus, business acumen, quality and compliance oriented, project management skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects.
Horiba offers a full benefit package which includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision
Life & Disability
Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
401K with company match
Flexible Spending Account
This job has expired.