Every month, billions of people leverage Meta products to connect with friends and loved ones from across the world. On the Data Engineering Team, our mission is to support these products both internally and externally by delivering the best data foundation that drives impact through informed decision making. As a highly collaborative organization, our data engineers work cross-functionally with software engineering, data science, and product management to optimize growth, strategy, and experience for over three billion users, as well as our internal employee community. In this role, you will see a direct correlation between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. Beyond this, you will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you'll have a unique opportunity to solve some of the most interesting data challenges with efficiency and integrity, at a scale few companies can match. As we continue to expand and create, we have a lot of exciting work ahead of us!
Data Engineering Intern, Analytics Responsibilities:
- Architect, implement and deploy new data models and data processes in production
- Perform data analysis to generate business insights
- Interface with Engineers, Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand product goals and data needs
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Manage data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products
- Support critical data processes running in production
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors, or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, or related technical field
- Knowledge of SQL, data modeling and at least one programming language(e.g., Python, C++, C#, Scala)
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship
- Curious, self-driven, analytical and excited to play with data
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- Experience in collaborating with individuals and organizations
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.